• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

StockGreen ARCHIVE

This is a discussion on StockGreen ARCHIVE within the Bazar6 Themes forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Themes category; got it to work i took my sdcard out and put it in my DX then formatted it and put it back into my xoom ...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: StockGreen ARCHIVE

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    got it to work i took my sdcard out and put it in my DX then formatted it and put it back into my xoom and it works both moving and copying now

2. # ADS
    Ads

Theme Developer

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    ROMs
    1 Submitted
    Themes
    37 Submitted
    ok good, glad to hear you got it working!

Theme Developer

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    ROMs
    1 Submitted
    Themes
    37 Submitted
    UPDATE!
    • StockGreen Boot Animation (If you have a custom animation, I suggest you back it up elsewhere when flashing this update, it will overwrite your file in /data/local/bootanimation.zip) (This bootanimation is the stock boot, just turned green (instead of the purples))
    • Gallery: now green! (for the most part)
    • Small image updates (debug icon and download/upload animation)

Not sure how much more I can do, there is an option to increase the increments of the battery icon, which I am diving in to, just haven't had time to create 200 individual images. I'll keep you posted.

3Gers, if you have received the recent OTA update (the one that was announced today), I highly recommend NOT installing this, because I don't have the new files. Will report back if I do see something.

If there's anything missing or not working, (again) especially for 3Gers, please let me know. Thanks!

Theme Developer

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    ROMs
    1 Submitted
    Themes
    37 Submitted
    Yesterday I highly recommended that you not flash this if you updated to 3.1, well now I am going to say: DEFINITELY DO NOT flash this if you have updated to 3.1 .. I just took a look in a modified WiFi update and it does include the system files that this theme modifies, and I'm going to say for the sake of your Xoom's safety, these files are not compatible.

Once I get official releases, I'll port Green and any new themes to 3.1. If you are still running 3.0.1, you're still OK to flash these.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazar6 View Post
    Yesterday I highly recommended that you not flash this if you updated to 3.1, well now I am going to say: DEFINITELY DO NOT flash this if you have updated to 3.1 .. I just took a look in a modified WiFi update and it does include the system files that this theme modifies, and I'm going to say for the sake of your Xoom's safety, these files are not compatible.

Once I get official releases, I'll port Green and any new themes to 3.1. If you are still running 3.0.1, you're still OK to flash these.

thanks for the prompt update

Theme Developer

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    ROMs
    1 Submitted
    Themes
    37 Submitted
    No problem. I didn't want the potential of someone bricking their device because of my theme

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Bazar6,
    First thanks for all the hard work, I do not know where all you guys/gals go to learn all this tech, but i am just blown away as I usually can not understand much of it, but can appreciate it, thanks.

So now for the "yea I believe your earlier statement" part, what would happen if you put in your theme while in 3.0.1, and then got pushed or otherwise updated to 3.1? Would 3.1 just overwrite your theme and put it back to whatever 3.1 theme is, or ???

There was also some mention about a clock in an earlier posting being different, or possibly a problem. Are you talking about the digital in the lower right corner or that absolutely worthless looking round analog(?) with partial circles one in the middle, about, of the screen? Very noob here, but sure would like something else in place of the analog one, or just take it out altogether. I do not see the need for a clock where you have to guess where the numbers would be when there is a digital readout in the right hand lower corner, or am I missing something here?

Lastly, and thanks for hanging in there, seems there are two versions, plain and ua string. Browser is permanently in Desktop Mode", no need to have to do about:debug. OK ready for second proof of how little I have experienced, know and understand. Although some would argue that you do not have to be a mechanic to be able to drive a vehicle <grin>. Could you please translate into just plain redneck what you are talking about with reference to the preceding line about plain and ua string/permanently being in Desktop Mode ( preferred and a good thing?). Thanks, Chris.

Theme Developer

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    ROMs
    1 Submitted
    Themes
    37 Submitted
    Hey Wolf, sorry I saw the bootanimation email notif before this one lol..

Yes, if you are on 3.0.1 with this theme and you update to 3.1, you will lose this theme and revert back to stock, and I do not recommend putting it back on your Xoom after the update, at least for now. The files are different and you could potentially soft brick your device. I'll update these themes when I can get my hands on the updates (scouring the interweb for 'em, hopefully I'll get my update soon tho)

The clock I was referring to is the one in the bottom right (and the top of the box when you click on the bottom right bar). I did not change the analog clock, because I agree, I think it looks ugly, and I will never use it, and no one has asked me for it so I assumed no one used it either. I was talking about the clock in the lower right because it was something that we were not able to modify when theming first began. But the tools we have were upgraded and are allow us to make even more edits than just images.

No worries dude, you're trying to learn and I have no problem teaching what I know. The UAstring is "User Agent String," which tells the websites you surf what kind of device you are on. The stock version ("plain" in reference to the themes) set your "User Agent" to mobile. Because of this, any website that has a mobile site will detect your user agent and send you to their mobile site. This can be worked around by you by typing in the URL bar about:debug, which you would have to do every day. Typing in about:debug would change your User Agent from Mobile to desktop, and would not let websites automatically forward you to their mobile site. But now, the "With UAstring" version of my theme, you don't have to type about:debug, because in the master files it is telling the sites you're not a mobile viewer, so pretty much it cuts out the step of entering about:debug.

Preference and whether it's a good thing or not differs with each person. I have Dolphin Browser set to Desktop mode but my stock browser knows I'm mobile, so I have the best of both worlds (some people hate Dolphin Browser, but again, to each their own). The drawback of being permanently stuck with the UAstring version is that there was no workaround for changing the orientation of the Xoom. With the UAstring version installed, you can't flip your Xoom upside down, I'm not sure why, but there's something in the hack that no longer lets the Xoom go 180 degrees. Personally, this is a major downfall because I leave it flipped inside the case because I have it at an angle and plugged in, which I can't do if it were right side up.

If you don't have a preference to how your websites are displayed to you (whether you're on their mobile version or their full site), then I'd say stick with the "plain" version, because it isn't hacked and it wouldn't hold you back because it'll work as it should.

I hope I was able to explain this clear enough, it's hard to find a happy medium between redneck and tech (I have trouble with explanations all the time to friends and family), but let me know if I wasn't clear about something or if you have anymore questions

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    like this green theme and hoping to see it compatible with 3.1. thanks

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Just throwing it out there but i upgraded using BRD's zip method to 3.1 and when i tried to flash BigDX's theme that was "ready for 3.1" not trying to say its not but it caused me a bootloop
    so i dont know if BRD's 3.1 is different from others but just giving you a heads up
    Last edited by aford89; 05-12-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads