• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Suggestions...

This is a discussion on Suggestions... within the Bazar6 Themes forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Themes category; Originally Posted by heisenberg Is it possible that you can create a Breaking Bad theme? complete with the periodic table elements spell something breaking bad/xoom ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Suggestions...

Theme Developer

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    ROMs
    1 Submitted
    Themes
    37 Submitted
    Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    Is it possible that you can create a Breaking Bad theme? complete with the periodic table elements spell something breaking bad/xoom related?
    I don't quite understand the "Breaking Bad" portion of your suggestion...

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Assassin

Member #
    Liked
    375 times
    i think he is a fan of the show "breaking bad"
    Breaking Bad – AMC

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Bazar6,
    Thanks for all your hard work on these themes. StockRed is the nicest theme I've seen so far.

I've only one small suggestion(request really) - is there any way you can make a modpack that will return the UAString (and only the UAString) to stock for StockRedv301 for Hammerhead? ( myweather.com is the only site I used Desktop for, and it has issues, their app sucks, but not as bad. The Desktop UAString poopoos Google Docs even more than stock).

There's a framework-res available that returns the UAString and Battery Icon back to stock, but I REALLY like the circle batt icon, I also suspect that it will break your StockRed theme.
    I also noticed some icons that weren't red'ed:
    Camera
    Movie Studio
    Docs
    Calculator
    Calendar
    Contacts
    Downloads
    Music
    Music Widget

I've tried to update framework-res myself, but what I ended up with was a bootloop and apktool gave me tons of errors, so apparently this is beyond my scope of capabilities. I was really hoping to get into modding the heck out of this thing (thinking of langpacks like pirate/ghetto/hillbilly/geek sort of like facebooks language settings), maybe play with translucency in widgets and icons, etc., but I just can't get the xml editing down.

Frankly, I'm exceedingly disappointed in Honeycomb's themeing features. Sure, you can change the theme, but the decompiling, png editing, .9s, recompiling, signing process is beyond anything the average or even slightly above average user is able to do. Rooting is one thing, but themeing is just a nightmare (from where I sit). Most users would enjoy the ability to just change the color scheme, and maybe have a few animation schemes to choose from as well as change the number of "desktop panes". (end venting here). I know you can't possibly do anything about it, just a little frustrated. I'm sure you enjoy what you do with the themeing, you wouldn't do it if you didn't - regardless, I do thank you for your time and effort. Your themes far exceed the aesthetics of the factory UI.

Theme Developer

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    ROMs
    1 Submitted
    Themes
    37 Submitted
    I very much appreciate the kind words. have you checked out my Guide I posted on how to theme? [GUIDE] How To Theme Your Xoom

And yes if you flash another framework over Red it won't break the theme necessarily, but you will have stock images in with the Red. I can definitely make a mobile UA mod for the themes too, that is not a problem. And thanks for asking about it, because the consensus seems to be the desktop UA.

Also, I have not themed every single app on the Xoom, hence the reason why those apps you listed are still their stock color. I will be releasing an add on pack later with just the icon images in my respective themes, I may do an add-on as well so that they appear that way in the app drawer too. Music and Music widget I had some issues with last time which is why they too are still stock. I'll see if I can squeeze in the icons soon (working on Grey at this moment).

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazar6 View Post
    I very much appreciate the kind words. have you checked out my Guide I posted on how to theme? [GUIDE] How To Theme Your Xoom

And yes if you flash another framework over Red it won't break the theme necessarily, but you will have stock images in with the Red. I can definitely make a mobile UA mod for the themes too, that is not a problem. And thanks for asking about it, because the consensus seems to be the desktop UA.

Also, I have not themed every single app on the Xoom, hence the reason why those apps you listed are still their stock color. I will be releasing an add on pack later with just the icon images in my respective themes, I may do an add-on as well so that they appear that way in the app drawer too. Music and Music widget I had some issues with last time which is why they too are still stock. I'll see if I can squeeze in the icons soon (working on Grey at this moment).
    THanks for the reply.
    Following your guide was how I was able to make the little progress that I did. I'm sure I'm screwing something up. APKTool kept giving me errors suggesting that it couldn't find some files. It also seemed like it couldn't access the temp files folder. I didn't dig into it too much as I'm running w7x64ultimate and have issues with just about every development package I've tried. I'm going to try plugging away at a few things and see if I can't figure out what's up with apktool.
    As for the icons/widgets/apps - no worries - I love red the way it is. The only icon I listed that I actually keep on a screen is the camera icon and it's fine. It would be impossible to theme every icon for the thousands of possible apps people have installed. Moreover, as you've already covered in this thread - you can't really theme icons for paid apps without some serious issues or some workaround to substitute icons.
    I'm very thankful for what you've done already - and if you never get to the UAString, oh well. It would only serve to motivate me to try harder.
    Again, Many thanks...
    Grey huh???? Hmmmmm........

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Remove Ads

Ads