• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[GUIDE] Make Your Own Boot Animations

This is a discussion on [GUIDE] Make Your Own Boot Animations within the Boot Animations forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Themes category; Originally Posted by Sardo Numspa ok, so i rebooted again and just let it run. seems while the screen is black, the xoom is actually ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] Make Your Own Boot Animations

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardo Numspa View Post
    ok, so i rebooted again and just let it run. seems while the screen is black, the xoom is actually booting. i let it run and it booted up, but i got no bootanimation. any suggestions? oh well, my first attempt at a bootanimation failed. anyone got any pointers how to get rid of the bootloop?
    Sardo - most times when you end up with a blank animation, I have found that they end user is creating the archive with compression on. Using 7-zip, make sure you have it set as a store with NO compression:

7-zip_settings.jpg

If you are getting boot loops with partial boot animations showing, try saving the frames as PNG files as opposed to JPG or JPEG files. I also found that the system does not like more than 125-130 frames. Any more than that it loops.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Serpico; 06-29-2011 at 01:25 PM.
    As a skillful IT PRO that you are, you have absolutely no !%#!@*! idea what is going on so you ask your mentor, your friend, the one who’s been by your side in the toughest situations and never let you down, the Oracle, the holder of all humanity’s knowledge, “The Program”. The Google.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Assassin

Member #
    Liked
    375 times
    thanks serpico.
    i did use 7zip with the compression set to STORE, so there shouldnt have been any copmpression. also, my animation sequence is only about 85 frames or so, so im under the 130 limit. i dont really know what it is thats causing it to boot loop now.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    thanks serpico.
    i did use 7zip with the compression set to STORE, so there shouldnt have been any copmpression. also, my animation sequence is only about 85 frames or so, so im under the 130 limit. i dont really know what it is thats causing it to boot loop now.
    Then you should be good... Try PNG file format yet? Try this: remove the last frame shown PLUS the very next frame. Re-archive, re-push and reboot. This will at least let us know if one of those 2 frames might be corrupt. If all is well, then replace one at a time until the loop occurs again.
    As a skillful IT PRO that you are, you have absolutely no !%#!@*! idea what is going on so you ask your mentor, your friend, the one who’s been by your side in the toughest situations and never let you down, the Oracle, the holder of all humanity’s knowledge, “The Program”. The Google.

Xoom Assassin

Member #
    Liked
    375 times
    havent tried the png way just yet. was trying to avoid having to convert all those images from jpg to png. is there a batch converter?

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    havent tried the png way just yet. was trying to avoid having to convert all those images from jpg to png. is there a batch converter?
    Ah - then one of the JPGs is jacked. This happens to me often enough that I don't trust JPGs any more. I use Photoshop to do batching, but I'm sure there is something else out there a whole lot less expensive (or free) that will batch convert them.

One other thing is file size... you could try to lower the JPG compression. To save space and boot time in my Star Trek bootanimation I actually made my frames 960 x 600, and left the desc file set to 1280 800. I had to resort to this however because of the # of frames and total size.
    Last edited by Serpico; 06-29-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Xoom Assassin

Member #
    Liked
    375 times
    thanks serpico. im going to shelve this for a bit until i get my xoom back the way i like it after the 1.1 rom update i did last night.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Twitter
    Dean_Kelley
    Hey I'm curious as to why my boot anims are lagging in places. I first thought it could be because I had a few of the same frames but that was not a problems. Any ideas? Or is it just the Xoom.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaBlue View Post
    Hey I'm curious as to why my boot anims are lagging in places. I first thought it could be because I had a few of the same frames but that was not a problems. Any ideas? Or is it just the Xoom.
    I can only surmise that the OS loading in the background is the cause. As with any OS boot process there are modules loading that require more I/O than others - thus you will see some "lagging" and minor inconsistencies in the frame rates during the boot animation.

I see this with all boot animations regardless of their complexity or author, so you're OK - it is not your XOOM.

Xoom Assassin

Member #
    Liked
    375 times
    ok, i converted all my images from jpgs to pngs, but now my zip file is 121 mb.

loaded up the new improved boot animation with png files, but all i get is black screen, no animation. what am i doing wrong?
    Last edited by Sardo Numspa; 07-28-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Nice work bro - but you'll need trim that down a bit!! Max # of frames I found to work were 130, but Fish and i were talking a while back and he read 75 frames was considered the "safe" zone.

The Star Trek animation was 130 frames (I had to cut a lot of it out). I also saved a lot of space by reducing the frames to 960 x 600 ... but I left the desc file as 1280 x 800. The XOOM made the frames "fit". Reducing the frame sizes saves a LOT of space.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads