• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom completely dead. HELP!!

This is a discussion on Xoom completely dead. HELP!! within the Honeycomb General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Honeycomb Forum category; you never know when you send it back what you will get in return. I sent mine in and got a brand new one, and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Twitter
    @AZsteelman
    you never know when you send it back what you will get in return. I sent mine in and got a brand new one, and had only one month left on my warranty. Sweet deal for me. Oh, and I had rooted it and just returned it to stock before I sent it back...they will probably just send you another one. No worries, it's gonna be the same either way. If you get your's back, they will probably have re-flashed it anyway, so you'll lose your stuff on it no matter what...
    Post of the year by jdblalock77 "Returned to stock and wiping myself"

Alcohol may not solve your problems, but neither will milk and cookies!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZsteelman View Post
    you never know when you send it back what you will get in return. I sent mine in and got a brand new one, and had only one month left on my warranty. Sweet deal for me. Oh, and I had rooted it and just returned it to stock before I sent it back...they will probably just send you another one. No worries, it's gonna be the same either way. If you get your's back, they will probably have re-flashed it anyway, so you'll lose your stuff on it no matter what...
    thanks for the reply.
    it's awsome that you got a new one!
    but how would you know if you got a new one or a refurb?
    ya i don't mind losing my stuff, i'm just afraid that they'd forget to flash it like they did before lol.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same problem. Looked through a lot of threads and found only people saying do a hard factory reset and lose all your info.

Here is what I figured out. The sd card interferes with boot up. If you pull the sd and then do the normal soft reset (on off button and volumn up) it boots right up.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsr2 View Post
    I had the same problem. Looked through a lot of threads and found only people saying do a hard factory reset and lose all your info.

Here is what I figured out. The sd card interferes with boot up. If you pull the sd and then do the normal soft reset (on off button and volumn up) it boots right up.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Thanks for the information.

Galaxy S8 Plus
    LG V10
    Lumia 950 XL
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    No worries. It drove me a bit crazy until I figured it out as I love my Xoom but it has bricked like this 4-5 times in the the time I have had it. Not fun. Now I just pull the card and it starts right up.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsr2 View Post

Thanks for the reply. I thought that was the problem too so I tried soft resetting it with SD card out. Still didn't work...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Guys, thank you all for your kind help. But after 3 pages of discussion and a lot of Googling, I think my Xoom is a lost cause. I've decided to just send it to Motorola since I'm still within warranty.

However, my Xoom was purchased in Hong Kong, and I brought it back to Canada.

Today I called Motorola North America customer service. They told me that I'll have to contact Hong Kong customer service because I bought it there. I'll have to ship it to Hong Kong to get it fixed. They said that my Xoom can't be flashed anywhere else but Hong Kong or the device wouldn't function properly.

I told them that I understand Canada doesn't even sell Xoom 3G, so I can't get it fixed in Canada, but the US does. It's the same hardware, so Motorola in the US should be able to fix it. They still told me that it wouldn't work. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Do you guys think there's a valid reason for the trouble they're putting me through? Or should I call them again and demand that my Xoom gets fixed in the US?

Thanks, I really appreciate your help!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1k1k1k View Post
    Guys, thank you all for your kind help. But after 3 pages of discussion and a lot of Googling, I think my Xoom is a lost cause. I've decided to just send it to Motorola since I'm still within warranty.

However, my Xoom was purchased in Hong Kong, and I brought it back to Canada.

Today I called Motorola North America customer service. They told me that I'll have to contact Hong Kong customer service because I bought it there. I'll have to ship it to Hong Kong to get it fixed. They said that my Xoom can't be flashed anywhere else but Hong Kong or the device wouldn't function properly.

I told them that I understand Canada doesn't even sell Xoom 3G, so I can't get it fixed in Canada, but the US does. It's the same hardware, so Motorola in the US should be able to fix it. They still told me that it wouldn't work. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Do you guys think there's a valid reason for the trouble they're putting me through? Or should I call them again and demand that my Xoom gets fixed in the US?

Thanks, I really appreciate your help!
    I'm gonna start another thread regarding this, since it seems to be a different topic.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Same Situation Here

Hi 1k1k1k,

AM looking high & low on xoom dead post on Internet & come to your post here, I'm helping my aunt solving her xoom which face the same issue & have try all possible button combination & the xoom still dead.
    I sincerely hope you've find the way to revival your xoom and if you did, can you or any one can share in this post?
    The xoom is out of warranty.

Many Thanks

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    What exactly is the issue? Let it charge for awhile first even if dead it should charge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads