• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Motorola Xoom Wifi Dead?

This is a discussion on Motorola Xoom Wifi Dead? within the Honeycomb General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Honeycomb Forum category; Hi, So I had purchased the Motorola Xoom Wifi from amazon 6 months ago and the warranty is up. It has recently just died and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Maximumsubzero

Thread: Motorola Xoom Wifi Dead?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Question Motorola Xoom Wifi Dead?

Hi,
    So I had purchased the Motorola Xoom Wifi from amazon 6 months ago and the warranty is up. It has recently just died and there is no charge to it. I looked all over google, youtube, and the forums on here and found nothing. This is what I have done and had no luck, 1. I tried different chargers since that is a known problem on Motorola Xoom, 2. When I do plug it in and leave it for 30+ minutes there is no charge light red, green, white nothing, 3. I have tried soft reset all and any way for 2+ minutes with hold power and volume up, power and volume down, power and volume up and down, power and tap volume up, 4. When I plug in charger I tap or press the power button because I heard sometimes that works, 5. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it and nothing. I was thinking of either sending it in for repair or buying a new battery if thats needed but I wanted to ask the forum before doing so just in case I missed something. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated and I'm willing to try anything to get this back to working status.

Thanks,
    Maximumsubzero
    Ghost likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximumsubzero View Post
    Hi,
    So I had purchased the Motorola Xoom Wifi from amazon 6 months ago and the warranty is up. It has recently just died and there is no charge to it. I looked all over google, youtube, and the forums on here and found nothing. This is what I have done and had no luck, 1. I tried different chargers since that is a known problem on Motorola Xoom, 2. When I do plug it in and leave it for 30+ minutes there is no charge light red, green, white nothing, 3. I have tried soft reset all and any way for 2+ minutes with hold power and volume up, power and volume down, power and volume up and down, power and tap volume up, 4. When I plug in charger I tap or press the power button because I heard sometimes that works, 5. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it and nothing. I was thinking of either sending it in for repair or buying a new battery if thats needed but I wanted to ask the forum before doing so just in case I missed something. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated and I'm willing to try anything to get this back to working status.

Thanks,
    Maximumsubzero
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. My thoughts would have been a bad charger as they're a known issue on the Xoom. I have the OG Xoom but maybe some Xoom 2 guys will be around in a bit.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. My thoughts would have been a bad charger as they're a known issue on the Xoom. I have the OG Xoom but maybe some Xoom 2 guys will be around in a bit.
    Thank you, and just for reassurance its a Motorola Xoom Wifi and not a Motorola Xoom 2. this is the exact one to be exact. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Maximumsubzero; 04-16-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: forgot a link

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So I solved the problem. I bought a charging dock and the Motorola Xoom Wifi (MZ601) charged right up but Im stuck with another problem. This tablet was my sisters and now that its charged she had forgotten the password to the lock screen. Now the problem is there is no sign of the "Forgot Password" button anywhere on the screen and she had typed it in 100+ times it never locked and no button that says "forgot password" shows up? Does anyone know why this button is not showing up? My last resort would be to tell her to do a Factory Reset. So any help on why the button is not showing?

Remove Ads

Ads