• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Manta Ray

This is a discussion on Manta Ray within the Honeycomb ROMs forums, part of the Honeycomb Development category; Success on flashing new rom. Did backup, wiped data from clockwork, installed 2.0 from SD, and all is great! Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Manta Ray

  1. #1
    Rescue Squad

    Member #
    1152
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    1,425
    Liked
    141 times

    Manta Ray

    Success on flashing new rom. Did backup, wiped data from clockwork, installed 2.0 from SD, and all is great!

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. # ADS
    Ads


  3. #2
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    4986
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    12,110
    Liked
    452 times
    Twitter
    jblalock77
    Congrats.
    Remember: It's not really yours until you've voided the warranty.
    "Battle not with trolls, lest ye become a troll; and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you."
    Friedrich Nietzsche: A Dynamic Translation

  4. #3
    Rescue Squad

    Member #
    1152
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    1,425
    Liked
    141 times
    Is there supposed to be a way to unmount from the notification bar? I see it in the settings. What is alogcat and scripter for?

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Castorshells; 07-24-2011 at 10:09 PM.

  5. #4
    Rescue Squad

    Member #
    1152
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    1,425
    Liked
    141 times
    Warning to everyone, I flashed the circle bat mod and ended up in a bootloop. Just wanted to let everyone know.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    Administrator

    Member #
    2101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    35,845
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Castorshells View Post
    Warning to everyone, I flashed the circle bat mod and ended up in a bootloop. Just wanted to let everyone know.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Yes, those are for 3.1, Bazar hasn't updated to 3.2 yet.

    LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro


  7. #6
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    392
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,489
    Liked
    522 times
    ROMs
    4 Submitted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castorshells View Post
    Is there supposed to be a way to unmount from the notification bar? I see it in the settings. What is alogcat and scripter for?

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    No sdcard in notification area, it may be looked at as an add on in the future. alogcat is for getting logs, unless your testing, you prob can delete it.

  8. #7
    Xoom Operative
    Member #
    10046
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    180
    Liked
    6 times
    Sorry for the noob questions, but i currently have 3.2 on my xoom with tiamat 2.0.0 katana.. If i want to upgrade to manta ray do i have to follow the standard procedure and wipe? or can i just go ahead and install the update file through clockworkmod recovery? also once ive wiped everything, would i still have clockwork mod recovery and be rooted? thanks

  9. #8
    Administrator

    Member #
    2101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    35,845
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Hash View Post
    Sorry for the noob questions, but i currently have 3.2 on my xoom with tiamat 2.0.0 katana.. If i want to upgrade to manta ray do i have to follow the standard procedure and wipe? or can i just go ahead and install the update file through clockworkmod recovery? also once ive wiped everything, would i still have clockwork mod recovery and be rooted? thanks
    I would suggest you do, my 1st time I just wiped cache and ended up in a boot loop. The next time I wiped and had no problems. Be sure and make a backup in CWM before you flash in case it doesn't go well. All your google apps will be downloaded for you when you sign back into google but I would also make a Titanium backup of your apps and data just as a precaution.

    LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro


  10. #9
    Xoom Operative
    Member #
    10046
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    180
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    I would suggest you do, my 1st time I just wiped cache and ended up in a boot loop. The next time I wiped and had no problems. Be sure and make a backup in CWM before you flash in case it doesn't go well. All your google apps will be downloaded for you when you sign back into google but I would also make a Titanium backup of your apps and data just as a precaution.
    Thanks alot, i will begin with the process and let you know how it goes..

  11. #10
    Administrator

    Member #
    2101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    35,845
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Keep us posted, you shouldn't have any problems.

    LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro



 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Team Tiamat Rom 2.0.1 "Manta Ray" (*3.1*) (Updated 7/25/11)
    By Steady Hawkin in forum Honeycomb ROMs
    Replies: 237
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 08:08 PM

Search tags for this page

manta ray xoom

,
mantaray xoom
,

tiamat kernel 1.1.3

,
xoom how to install clockwork
,

xoom manta ray

Click on a term to search for related topics.