• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ICS and SD Card

This is a discussion on ICS and SD Card within the ICS General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom ICS Forum category; Originally Posted by Dannyro19 hi when i tryto do this, i am unable to clear data and all i see is calculating...this also happens on ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: ICS and SD Card

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyro19 View Post
    hi
    when i tryto do this, i am unable to clear data and all i see is calculating...this also happens on 50% of my other apps as well. “calculating" never goes away...any ideas on how to fix?
    How long do you wait? Sometimes it can take a minute or so.

Dave

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrane29664 View Post
    the one from rhythm software or from xufeifeng?
    I didn't see your question answered previously, you want the File Manager HD from Rhythm Software.

-Doc
    If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious [stuff].

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pstewart View Post
    I'm sorry but all these "try this" and "try that" solutions, while being well intentioned, ignore the fact that Motorola/Google screwed up, big time.

I upgraded to ICS when it came out, I have rebooted the Xoom several times. I have updated xoom moto drivers for my Win7 computer, I have rebooted my computer several times.

When I view the contents of my SD card from windows explorer on my PC via USB cable, it shows 3 copies of folders that I created on the SD card for storage. IE: I created a folder named "Work Files" I see three of them in the windows explorer window on the PC when in reality there is only one of those folders on the Xoom.

I use file manager HD, it is updated, it shows one copy, as it should, for these folders on the Xoom.

When I try to transfer a file, picking any location on the SD card, it starts, the small transfer window starts up, the progress bar goes about half way and never completes. I cancel out. If I try transfering to the internal storage, I get the same result.

It's simply not working. ICS has been launced before it is ready. Customers shouldn't have to go to forums to figure out how to do something as basic and fundamental as transfer files.

Motorola/Google need to figure this out and fix it asap without customers having to delve into forums and "try this" or "try that", this is extremely poor planning. Motorola/Google should "try" testing this OS upgrade in their labs rather than treating their customer base as guinea pigs and testing the OS in the field.
    i have this problem, right now, did anyone come to a solution as to what is causing this? this problem is still in jellybean! WTH? google should have sorted this problem out by now, i don't have time for this crap i have things to do i'm a busy person.
    now have a samsung galaxy note 10.1 it was fun but now i have moved on, by peeps.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    i for the most part resolved it.

i use a modified sideloaded v1.8.6 that i got from rhythm software via email for file manager hd, and i dont have the replicated sdcard folder/dir issues anymore.

i do still get duplicate image files when i open gallery following restarts, but i fix this simply by unmounting the sdcard, making sure all entries from gallery are gone, as well as all music, then i restart xoom. issue resolved. i try not to restart much, but when i do, i unmount card first

i dont have to mess with media store anymore
    Last edited by rive; 08-29-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    i for the most part resolved it.

i use a modified sideloaded v1.8.6 that i got from rhythm software via email for file manager hd, and i dont have the replicated sdcard folder/dir issues anymore.

i do still get duplicate image files when i open gallery following restarts, but i fix this simply by unmounting the sdcard, making sure all entries from gallery are gone, as well as all music, then i restart xoom. issue resolved. i try not to restart much, but when i do, i unmount card first

i dont have to mess with media store anymore
    and where exactly can i get the modified apk from? also i don't want to use the file manager to transfer files i want to transfer files from my xoom to my pc, also i tried what someone had mentioned by taking out the micro sd from the xoom and putting it in the memory card reader the memory card shows the proper way like that so i may have to take it out each time and do it that way it seems, annoying but what can you do it's a quick fix without any hassle and gets the job done eh

also another way i transfer files (i have started to do this regularly and it's very quick and conviently for me as i can transfer stuff to my xoom wirelessly) is use a cloud data service and transfer files from my pc to the cloud and download on my xoom, job done

also followed this link:
    https://forums.motorola.com/posts/cf07acdc3a
    and restarted my xoom, i hope that makes a difference, i will bookmark the site just incase the problem appears again.
    Last edited by huyi82; 08-29-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    now have a samsung galaxy note 10.1 it was fun but now i have moved on, by peeps.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    i transfer files/folders from my pc to my Xoom, and Xoom to pc via LAN connection without having to use a usb cable via file manager. no cloud service neccessary, its built in function of file manager hd.

Job done faster, easier, and more convienently

note- the modification (which may have been fixed in marketplace version) was that I was unable to multi select/delete zipped/compressed files off external sdcard..each compressed file had to be deleted individually, the modified apk fixed this bug for ics)

File Manager HD v1.8.6 (modified)

Last edited by rive; 08-30-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    robbage likes this.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I've been using File Manager HD for quite a while now and never noticed that LAN Connection option
    Annoying signature, but not as annoying as yours

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

tip!

search on youtube how how to unroot motorola Xoom from sleepnes ninja!
    thats for all motorola Xoom!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by jesseke55 View Post
    search on youtube how how to unroot motorola Xoom from sleepnes ninja!
    thats for all motorola Xoom!
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Its not a bug buddy, when you are accessing your SD card from computer it is unavailable to your smart device, you can see in your notification bar when your removes connection from computer "preparing SD card". Even the apps that are installed in your SD card will not function at that time.

Cheers..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads