• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wifi issues after april 2nd update

This is a discussion on Wifi issues after april 2nd update within the ICS General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom ICS Forum category; I have had issues with Wifi connection since yesterday's update. I am on a Xoom wifi 32Gb running Ics 4.0.4. Since the update, if my ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Wifi issues after april 2nd update

  1. #1
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    20464
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times

    Wifi issues after april 2nd update

    I have had issues with Wifi connection since yesterday's update. I am on a Xoom wifi 32Gb running Ics 4.0.4. Since the update, if my Xoom is a sleep too long, it will not connect to any network in range when unlocked. I have to restart the Xoom and upon restart, it connects just fine. It is not my internet connection because I've tried this on several home networks already. Has anyone else had this issue so far?

  2. # ADS
    Ads


  3. #2
    Rescue Squad

    Member #
    608
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    EARTH
    Posts
    14,459
    Liked
    284 times
    ive seen that with ics.just open a browser,or something.it will prompt the xoom to reconnect.it has also taken a bit longer.than what would be expected to connect.its possibly a wifi driver issue.i dont know if there is a fix yet.
    <img src=http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic608_2.gif border=0 alt= />
    Never Fear the iOwl is Here

  4. #3
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    22398
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Ive been having the same problems without the 4.0.4 that Im having with the 4.0.4. Whenever Im browsing, the browser may stop responding or the tablet might restart all the way. Its very frustrating and to think Ive waited for motorola to provide an update to fix this. I personally have found enough people having the same problems on the internet that I believe these are defective. I wish motorola would admit to having the issue because so far I dont find anything official. Motorola Xoom Wifi.

    By now the startup screen makes me nauseous; so many times ive stared at it.

    I would appreciate any info anyone has on how to fix this or what our options are. I feel like Motorola should own up to the problem that has pretty much been in existence since the tablets were released.

  5. #4
    Administrator

    Member #
    2101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    35,844
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by maluel1 View Post
    Ive been having the same problems without the 4.0.4 that Im having with the 4.0.4. Whenever Im browsing, the browser may stop responding or the tablet might restart all the way. Its very frustrating and to think Ive waited for motorola to provide an update to fix this. I personally have found enough people having the same problems on the internet that I believe these are defective. I wish motorola would admit to having the issue because so far I dont find anything official. Motorola Xoom Wifi.

    By now the startup screen makes me nauseous; so many times ive stared at it.

    I would appreciate any info anyone has on how to fix this or what our options are. I feel like Motorola should own up to the problem that has pretty much been in existence since the tablets were released.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. I'm running a rooted rom with 4.0.4 and have no issues with my wifi.
    What is Rooting on Android? The Advantages and Disadvantages
    The process is pretty easy and straight forward and if you ever need to return your Xoom for repair it can be unrooted and relocked.
    maluel1 and jeddiespaghetti like this.



    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T


  6. #5
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    22398
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. I'm running a rooted rom with 4.0.4 and have no issues with my wifi.
    What is Rooting on Android? The Advantages and Disadvantages
    The process is pretty easy and straight forward and if you ever need to return your Xoom for repair it can be unrooted and relocked.

    Thanks. I did want to add that the problem is not really related to wifi. its more realted to the tablet processing. Its like if it gets stuck at times and just restarts.. that includes browsing the internet but also in the market as well as running thru settings menu. I dont think there is an area where it doesnt happen in. It doesnt consistantly happen in one area but seems like it freezes before it reboots. Sometimes reboots to the batwing motorola sign or other times restarts at the graphics after the motorola batwing symbol. Im still going to try and root it. At this point it cant suck more than it already does so its worth a shot. I will report any results tomorrow.

  7. #6
    Administrator

    Member #
    2101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    35,844
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by maluel1 View Post
    Thanks. I did want to add that the problem is not really related to wifi. its more realted to the tablet processing. Its like if it gets stuck at times and just restarts.. that includes browsing the internet but also in the market as well as running thru settings menu. I dont think there is an area where it doesnt happen in. It doesnt consistantly happen in one area but seems like it freezes before it reboots. Sometimes reboots to the batwing motorola sign or other times restarts at the graphics after the motorola batwing symbol. Im still going to try and root it. At this point it cant suck more than it already does so its worth a shot. I will report any results tomorrow.
    For your other issues you might try a soft reboot, press and hold the power button and the volume up button together until the Xoom starts to reboot, then release them both. This fixes a lot of the issues the xoom has. If you don't want to root one of our moderators says a factory data reset after an upgrade helps too.



    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T


  8. #7
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    8047
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    I want to add my voice to this discussion. I just got the 4.0.4 update Monday and now my wireless connection keeps dropping - sometimes as frequently as every 5-minutes. I can have the "system tray" up and see it go from "No Internet Connection" to being connected and then disconnecting again. I "forgot" the network and re-added it, with no difference. When I go into the logs of my D-Link DIR-655 router, it is showing the constant disconnecting as "Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication" and I confirmed this is the XOOM's MAC. No other wireless device in the house is doing this so I am pretty sure it isn't the router.

  9. #8
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    21919
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times

    wifi issues too

    Thought I was going crazy 'till I read that others are having wifi issues too. I'm not a techie, but deductive reasoning seems to validate that this is a Motorola issue: I have an Archos 80 g9 running the same ICS version and I haven't had any connection issues on that device.

  10. #9
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    8047
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zforray View Post
    I want to add my voice to this discussion. I just got the 4.0.4 update Monday and now my wireless connection keeps dropping - sometimes as frequently as every 5-minutes. I can have the "system tray" up and see it go from "No Internet Connection" to being connected and then disconnecting again. I "forgot" the network and re-added it, with no difference. When I go into the logs of my D-Link DIR-655 router, it is showing the constant disconnecting as "Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication" and I confirmed this is the XOOM's MAC. No other wireless device in the house is doing this so I am pretty sure it isn't the router.
    Just for the funsies, I updated my router software (it was about 2-years behind but I haven't had any problems with it so I hadn't bothered). No difference. A small snippet from the router logs:

    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:24:51 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 secured and linked
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:24:51 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 associated
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:24:47 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:24:16 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 secured and linked
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:24:16 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 associated
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:23:16 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:22:44 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 secured and linked
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:22:44 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 associated
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:21:39 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:20:37 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 secured and linked
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:20:36 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 associated
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:20:33 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:19:46 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 secured and linked
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:19:46 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 associated
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:18:46 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:18:14 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 secured and linked
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:18:14 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 associated
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:17:14 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:14:19 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 secured and linked
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:14:19 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 associated
    [INFO] Fri Apr 06 10:14:16 2012 ZTECHINCNET: Wireless system with MAC address 00212F399667 disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication

    and I haven't touched the XOOM all day..........Must be some kind of new security measure.

    I was hoping this update would have fixed VPN so I can access my work network. It is shameful that all the iPads at work can connect with no issues yet I can't!

  11. #10
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    24672
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    I would be interested in any help that can be offered because I am having the same problem. I have several devices operating on my home wifi network and the only one that has issues is my Xoom tablet. And it only started having issues after the April update. I will lose the signal and then when I try to hook it back up it will say that the network is out of range... even when I'm in my house, standing 10 ft from my router. It seems to rehook when it feels like it and not on any schedule. There seems to be no way to guess when it will cut out. There is no pattern at all, regardless of activity, sleep, program, etc. It would be nice to have a new update to fix this issue.


 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 3G/4G Xoom ICS Update - Not until April...better late than never..I guess
    By ckmerc in forum Motorola Xoom General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 05:24 PM
  2. WiFi issues after 3.1 rooted update on 3g Xoom
    By SirDragonx in forum Motorola Xoom Development
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 10:49 PM
  3. UK Wifi Xoom released on the 9th April
    By Zammo in forum Motorola Xoom WiFi General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 05:26 PM
  4. WiFi Motoirola XOOM Coming to Canada This April
    By wicked in forum Motorola Xoom News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 03:26 PM
  5. WiFi only in April??
    By Droid-Xer in forum Motorola Xoom General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 07:57 PM

Search tags for this page

actiontec c1000 ipad won't connect
,
actiontec c1000a wifi problems
,
actiontec c1000a wireless dropping
,

actiontec c1000a wireless range

,
android xoom dropping network
,
c1000a wifi problems
,

c1000a wireless not working

,
fix moto xoom wifi ics 4.0
,
how to get better wifi on an actiontec c1000a
,
motorola xoom dropping wifi connection
,
motorola xoom drops wifi connection
,
motorola xoom wifi problems
,
motorola xoom wifi problems 4.0.4
,
problems with century link c1000 modem dropping wifi
,
what should my wmm state be for actiontec c1000a wifi
,
wifi on xoom tablet losing signal on browse
,
xoom 2 aes
,
xoom keeps dropping wifi
,

xoom wifi problems

,
xooms wireless failing
Click on a term to search for related topics.