What is motorola playing at???
Well as any other xoom 2 uk owner will know motorola has once again not lived up to its promises. Does anyone have any ideas what is going on. I have emailed and have had no reply. The update page on the website was updated yesterday but it still says Q3 for xoom 2 Europe.
Really not good enough motorola
10-01-2012 06:14 PM
I think one of the problems here is that on the update list, they don't differentiate between wifi only and 3g in the UK bit. As the 3g one is rolling out (albeit slowly) , technically the list is correct.
I asked the other day why wifi took longer, as in my mind, there's less to fiddle wth than the 3g. The guy aggreed with me, but had no clue as to why it was this way round.
Sent from my XOOM 2 using Tapatalk 2
Seems Motorola just don't care about us in the UK, especially xoom2 owners.
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
Not especially xoom 2 - OG xoom too! we have had ours far longer and know the frustration of moto non existant support BUT did we only buy our devices because we thought they would be upgraded regularly OR did we buy them to enjoy as they are? I know what my answer is - if your device is over laggy there is probably a reason for it so its worth going through the options to try improve it:
Originally Posted by Mart38
1. Try a soft reset (fixes all manner of things)
2. Don't keep the xoom on all the time - switch completely off after a couple of days to reset everything (most electronic machines need this)
3. Uninstall apps downloaded around the time you noticed a specific lag (a lot of apps have compatibility problems, re-install one by one to find the culprit)
4. Live wallpapers are notorious - if using them change to a static and see if that improves things
5. Stock keyboard lag - known xoom problem just use another from the playstore - swiftkey works very well
If you have tried all these things then its a problem with either OS /hardware /software
ICS will make your xoom smoother but you are still likely to have a laggy experience from time to time because of 1 or more of the 5 known things listed.
They are machines, they are not perfect
Just received ics update for Xoom 2 wifi only in UK ! Very happy....
Last edited by GeordieJules; 10-09-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Any questions, just ask.
Originally Posted by GeordieJules
Nexus 4 - CyanMod 10.1
SGS-II - Rooted - Jedi Mind Trick VX3
Samsung Note II - Jedi Master 13
Motorola Xoom - WiFi - Rooted - EOS 4.2.1 Nightlies