• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Upgrade

This is a discussion on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Upgrade within the ICS General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom ICS Forum category; Hi Guys, excuse typing in 1 line only not sure what problem is maybe editor or my keyboard, but never the less in trying to ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Upgrade

Hi Guys, excuse typing in 1 line only not sure what problem is maybe editor or my keyboard, but never the less in trying to update from 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, my xoom device was previously a stock UK wifi model, which I flashed to US model to get OTA updates, the info I have looking at device about tablet follows, Model Number Xoom, Android Ver 4.1.2, Kernel Ver 2.6.39.4 g4e32b94, android build@vbps1), Build Number JZ054K, I have download the following :- my_wingray-jb-mr1.1-20130217-signed zip, and gapps-jb-mr1.1-noneon-20130221-signed zip, on going into recovery mode to flash a image I get the following options :- 1.reboot system now, 2. apply update from ADB, 3. apply update from USB, 4.wipe data/factory reset, 5. wipe cache partition.....Now to the crux of my question what option do I use to reflash my xoom and what is the syntax of that option, when im in recovery mode I don't see a option of my SD card, although I have the zips stored onto them as well as my pc...regards huey45

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by huey45 View Post
    Hi Guys, excuse typing in 1 line only not sure what problem is maybe editor or my keyboard, but never the less in trying to update from 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, my xoom device was previously a stock UK wifi model, which I flashed to US model to get OTA updates, the info I have looking at device about tablet follows, Model Number Xoom, Android Ver 4.1.2, Kernel Ver 2.6.39.4 g4e32b94, android build@vbps1), Build Number JZ054K, I have download the following :- my_wingray-jb-mr1.1-20130217-signed zip, and gapps-jb-mr1.1-noneon-20130221-signed zip, on going into recovery mode to flash a image I get the following options :- 1.reboot system now, 2. apply update from ADB, 3. apply update from USB, 4.wipe data/factory reset, 5. wipe cache partition.....Now to the crux of my question what option do I use to reflash my xoom and what is the syntax of that option, when im in recovery mode I don't see a option of my SD card, although I have the zips stored onto them as well as my pc...regards huey45
    What version recovery are you using, not all see the sdcard.

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi I flashed twrp 2.5.0 over stock recovery if that helps, I believe you can flash when in recovery mode with ADB but I don't know the command line syntax to do that, as not familiar with adb commands, regards

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Hi I flashed twrp 2.5.0 over stock recovery if that helps, I believe you can flash when in recovery mode with ADB but I don't know the command line syntax to do that, as not familiar with adb commands, regards
    Here's a thread with the basic adb commands, I haven't used adb for root since the old G1 days.
    http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/rs-b...ase-check.html

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi I cannot access that link, some about my privileges, maybe a frequent user of adb may come back with command line
    syntax how to flash image using adb ?__

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    You use fastboot to flash images. You should be able to flash the zip in twrp. I've never used twrp but I use the Rogue Recovery on my xoom with not a single problem.
    CWM Rogue Recovery v1.5.0 (Updated 5/6/12)
    If you can't flash it, here are the instructions to fastboot it.
    1) Download the .zip and extract recovery.img from the .zip
    2) Put the img in the path you run commands from in adb (ex. platform-tools)
    3) Using ADB command the following:

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi thanks for that are you now saying that new recovery image, once flashed will allow me to flash a new later ICS 4.2.2 ?

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hi I have flashed xoom now with cwm rogue recovery v1.5.0, but I still once in recovery mode, do not get the option to flash new rom from sd card, as stated in my previous post, I have only adb, or usb options, for a flash, im totally lost now, going into xoom after normal boot mode and looking in about xoom I can see sd card is mounted and its capacity, I think I need a way for flashing new rom from the adb option in recovery mode, how this is done or the command to do it, im in the lap of the gods, or super beings....

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    hi I have flashed xoom now with cwm rogue recovery v1.5.0, but I still once in recovery mode, do not get the option to flash new rom from sd card, as stated in my previous post, I have only adb, or usb options, for a flash, im totally lost now, going into xoom after normal boot mode and looking in about xoom I can see sd card is mounted and its capacity, I think I need a way for flashing new rom from the adb option in recovery mode, how this is done or the command to do it, im in the lap of the gods, or super beings....
    I just booted to recovery and don't get those options. Once in recovery tap the top option "install from zip file", next tap choose zip file from sdcard, locate the rom and gapps and flash the rom first and then the gapps. I'm using Rogue 1.5.0 and don't see anything about using adb.

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

jelly bean 4.2.2 upgrade

Hi now I'm totally confused I went to that link you gave me for rogue recovery, downloaded the zip, then using adb guide

i reflashed rogue recovery onto xoom, then rebooted, but it still will not give me the options you describe now
    how do i get a clean flash to ensure its rogue recovery i am using not a corrupted version of original or twrp ??

should i have external SD card plugged in when I do this or just internal storage ????

Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    I just booted to recovery and don't get those options. Once in recovery tap the top option "install from zip file", next tap choose zip file from sdcard, locate the rom and gapps and flash the rom first and then the gapps. I'm using Rogue 1.5.0 and don't see anything about using adb.
    Last edited by huey45; 04-27-2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: missing text

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads