• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wi-Fi XOOM Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (JRO03H) Roll Out To Soak Testers - Try It If You Want

This is a discussion on Wi-Fi XOOM Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (JRO03H) Roll Out To Soak Testers - Try It If You Want within the Jelly Bean Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Jelly Bean Forum category; Wi-Fi Motorola XOOM Update To Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1, JRO03H Finally Rolling Out To Soak Testers Here It Is If You Dare AT YOUR OWN ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Astrix

Thread: Wi-Fi XOOM Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (JRO03H) Roll Out To Soak Testers - Try It If You Want

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird

Wi-Fi XOOM Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (JRO03H) Roll Out To Soak Testers - Try It If You Want

Wi-Fi Motorola XOOM Update To Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1, JRO03H
    Finally Rolling Out To Soak Testers

Here It Is If You Dare

AT YOUR OWN RISK
    ALL TUTORIAL AS INDICATED AT ANDROIDPOLICE LINK

Wi-Fi Motorola XOOM Update To Jelly Bean (Android 4.1.1, JRO03H) Finally Rolling Out The Wi-Fi XOOM Jelly Bean update is almost here - after a brief delay it's finally rolling out to a limited group of soak testers who volunteer to provide feedback and test release candidates early. If all goes well, we should expect a wide release probably in the next few days, although if you're feeling brave, you can attempt to flash the update zip over your stock IMM76 build using a USB-OTG cable and these instructions. However, so far those who attempted this manual update procedure were not successful due to the annoying apply_patch_space error we've also seen before on the Nexus.

Images Click: HERE and HERE

Download

If you're currently using the Wi-Fi XOOM with this build fingerprint: motorola/tervigon/wingray:4.0.4/IMM76/292727:user/release-keys (check your build.prop if you're not sure), you can download the 79MB update file f85d815e2b75.signed-tervigon-JRO03H-from-IMM76.f85d815e.zip directly from Google or use one of our mirrors:

Google
    AP mirror #1
    AP mirror #2
    AP mirror #3
    AP mirror #4

MD5: 3bbd044a5911118136aeec365b5e0b4c.
    Again, the usual update instructions are here, though they may not work for everyone.

AT YOUR OWN RISK
    I WILL NOT HELD RESPONSIBILITY ANYTHING HAPPEN TO YOUR DEVICE

Source, Tutorial & Thanks: AndroidPolice

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the Xoom 3g model. Is there any reason I that I could not just take the JRO03H zip file from the OP and install it using this technique listed here: [Guide] How to apply an update.zip to a stock Xoom (3G/WIFI) (with a USB-Host cable) - xda-developers? Thanks.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Robter View Post
    I have the Xoom 3g model. Is there any reason I that I could not just take the JRO03H zip file from the OP and install it using this technique listed here: [Guide] How to apply an update.zip to a stock Xoom (3G/WIFI) (with a USB-Host cable) - xda-developers? Thanks.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. I believe if you did that you would turn your Xoom into a wifi only device.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. I believe if you did that you would turn your Xoom into a wifi only device.
    Thanks for the reply. If that is the only drawback then I am certainly ok with that as I have no plans to use 3G. My fear was that I would end up bricking it by doing that as it is not originally a Wifi model. I would like to up it to 4.1.1 then to 4.1.2 via the other update. And I am wanting to do this as it seems to me that Motorola/Verizon have no real plans to update the 3g/4g models to 4.1. I have certainly given up on waiting for that. Any other input on this?
    Last edited by Robter; 04-29-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Robter View Post
    Thanks for the reply. If that is the only drawback then I am certainly ok with that as I have no plans to use 3G. My fear was that I would end up bricking it by doing that as it is not originally a Wifi model. I would like to up it to 4.1.1 then to 4.1.2 via the other update. And I am wanting to do this as it seems to me that Motorola/Verizon have no real plans to update the 3g/4g models to 4.1. I have certainly given up on waiting for that. Any other input on this?
    I think your best bet would be to root it and flash a custom 4.1.2 rom. You could end up with a soft brick doing the method you posted but they are fixable.
    [HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof
    This has been tested by one of our 3G members and the 3G is working.
    [ROM][JB] Team EOS 3 *JELLYBEAN* Nightlies - Stingray / MZ602 / US 4G ONLY

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, ggrant. I may just go the Root route. I have rooted 2 of my past android phones but I thought the way I was proposing above might be simpler. I surely do not want to risk bricking it.

Remove Ads

Ads