• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[ROM][KANG] CM10 for wingray by zigackly

This is a discussion on [ROM][KANG] CM10 for wingray by zigackly within the Jelly Bean Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Jelly Bean Forum category; no need to add anything. ive been using cm10 nightlies and jb gapps and yeah, every time i update i have to go in and ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: [ROM][KANG] CM10 for wingray by zigackly

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    no need to add anything. ive been using cm10 nightlies and jb gapps and yeah, every time i update i have to go in and remove stuff like email/exchange, delete the videos and ringtones, etc. so since you have already done that...all the better for us
    -Jerry
    Tablet - MZ604 Wifi
    Phone - Galaxy S III

2. # ADS
    Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    I'm hoping the additional features I'm adding also improve things. With a kang, I can get away with a lot of stuff which would not fly in the CM source. For instance my larger recent app thumbs change was rejected by CM on the grounds that you can see fewer apps on screen at once, but in fact I found myself trimming the list regularly anyway, so it suits me better to see a more clear image of the few I am using. What I want to do eventually is to set it up so you can adjust the size of the thumbnails from the settings menu, and some of the other changes I've made are teaching me a lot about how that and the frameworks base work, so I'm getting a better picture of how to proceed.

I'm always interested in other changes people might want to CM though. The expanded desktop thing was one that someone requested in the Nexus 7 community for the Tablet UI mods I am building there, and once I'd worked out how to do it I liked it, so I included it for my wingray ROM too. I also saw a change today on the CM review site which does not seem like it will be accepted, to be able to cut some stuff out of the power menu, and I liked that idea so included that too.

That's why I'm asking for suggestions on here. It feels like my home site for the Xoom, and was where I learned to love Android, and it's also friendlier than the dev sites, so I feel I can ask for feedback here.
    Last edited by zigackly; 10-09-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zigackly View Post
    I'm hoping the additional features I'm adding also improve things. With a kang, I can get away with a lot of stuff which would not fly in the CM source. For instance my larger recent app thumbs change was rejected by CM on the grounds that you can see fewer apps on screen at once, but in fact I found myself trimming the list regularly anyway, so it suits me better to see a more clear image of the few I am using. What I want to do eventually is to set it up so you can adjust the size of the thumbnails from the settings menu, and some of the other changes I've made are teaching me a lot about how that and the frameworks base work, so I'm getting a better picture of how to proceed.

I'm always interested in other changes people might want to CM though. The expanded desktop thing was one that someone requested in the Nexus 7 community for the Tablet UI mods I am building there, and once I'd worked out how to do it I liked it, so I included it for my wingray ROM too. I also saw a change today on the CM review site which does not seem like it will be accepted, to be able to cut some stuff out of the power menu, and I liked that idea so included that too.

That's why I'm asking for suggestions on here. It feels like my home site for the Xoom, and was where I learned to love Android, and it's also friendlier than the dev sites, so I feel I can ask for feedback here.
    i'll be glad to help out anyway i can. thanks for your work! i like a lot of those ideas as well. just got it downloaded so i'll be flashing here soon

Quote Originally Posted by Astrix View Post
    the aroma installer is very nice, had it on a couple of roms for my LG G2x phone
    -Jerry
    Tablet - MZ604 Wifi
    Phone - Galaxy S III

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    How about a solid colour for when you chose no wallpaper zig? I think its available in the codename android rom
    Last edited by donb; 10-10-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Android 4.1.2 build uploaded.

EDIT: wifi not working. Only worth flashing if you want to see what's different.
    Last edited by zigackly; 10-10-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    is that the 20121010 build?
    -Jerry
    Tablet - MZ604 Wifi
    Phone - Galaxy S III

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Yeah, I had to build it to have a look, but my next build will be when the Xoom binaries come out later in the week. I'll be focussing on the N7 tomorrow. New kernel and binaries are both out for that.

I would stick to 20121009b for now. There's not much to see to be honest.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Quote Originally Posted by zigackly View Post
    I'll be focussing on the N7 tomorrow. New kernel and binaries are both out for that.
    N7- Nexus 7 rom? w00t w00t

Share it here of your rom zig http://www.nexustablets.net/index.ph...=active_topics

Looking forward for it there

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Today's update features:

Android 4.1.2 now with working wifi.

No known issues at present.
    Last edited by zigackly; 10-12-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    donb and dodgefan67 like this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads