• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[ROM][4.2 JB MR1] Team EOS 4 *JELLYBEAN MR1* Nightlies - Umts_Everest / MZ601 / EU 3G

This is a discussion on [ROM][4.2 JB MR1] Team EOS 4 *JELLYBEAN MR1* Nightlies - Umts_Everest / MZ601 / EU 3G within the Jelly Bean Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Jelly Bean Forum category; Originally Posted by lolanli I am a newbie and I don't know how to use roms. I want to upgrade my xoom 3g to 4.2 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [ROM][4.2 JB MR1] Team EOS 4 *JELLYBEAN MR1* Nightlies - Umts_Everest / MZ601 / EU 3G

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by lolanli View Post
    I am a newbie and I don't know how to use roms. I want to upgrade my xoom 3g to 4.2 so can anyone explain to me step by step?
    Always make a backup in your recovery first as you may need to restore it. Download the rom and gapps and place them on your sdcard..
    When coming from a different ROM, the first time flashing requirements.
    Wipe cache partition
    Wipe dalvik (under advanced menu)
    Wipe data
    Format /system. (Under the mounts menu)
    Flash the nightly
    Flash gapps

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    hell im having a problem I received a update gapps 199 yesterday and I went from recovery/install from sd/update from external sd card and I flashed it( like I usely do) and now when I reboot im stuck on dual core technology screen it doesn't move from there can someone please help.. its stuck

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysonlyrics View Post
    hell im having a problem I received a update gapps 199 yesterday and I went from recovery/install from sd/update from external sd card and I flashed it( like I usely do) and now when I reboot im stuck on dual core technology screen it doesn't move from there can someone please help.. its stuck
    Boot into recovery with the buttons. Press and hold the power button and the volume up button together until the xoom starts to reboot, when the screen starts to change start tapping the volume down button until you see android recovery in the upper left of your screen, tap the volume up button to enter the android recovery. Wipe your cache partition and under advanced wipe dalvik cache and reboot. If that doesn't help restore your latest backup in recovery.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Boot into recovery with the buttons. Press and hold the power button and the volume up button together until the xoom starts to reboot, when the screen starts to change start tapping the volume down button until you see android recovery in the upper left of your screen, tap the volume up button to enter the android recovery. Wipe your cache partition and under advanced wipe dalvik cache and reboot. If that doesn't help restore your latest backup in recovery.
    Must be an issue with 199 I had the same trouble 3 different times finally just went back to 197

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I keep getting to the boot screen this is what I did .. entered the android recovery. Wipe your cache partition and under advanced wipe dalvik cache and reboot I get noting .NEXT backup and restore it keeps saying I have not file. Next In "Android Recovery",
    - wipe cache,
    - wipe factory data,
    - go to advance and wipe dalvik cache all within the recovery.

Once Done

Navigate to "install zip from sdcard"
    - "Choose zip from sdcard",
    - then select the gapps-jb-20130105-EOS-XOOM-ONLY file that you had downloaded/placed in External MicroSDcard earlier and flash it
    -
    then select the EOS-stingray-20121208-151 and flash it
    - NOTING I keel getting dual core technology screen help please what not

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Jaysonlyrics - I had a similar situation due to the sdcard being in its slot. Hope it is a similar issue for you. can you try doing the steps of wiping cache, dalvik and formatting after removing the sdcard. Once you have completed the formatting and clearing,shut down, reinsert the sdcard and then install from the zip file.

Hope this is helpful.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having the same problem. Tried wiping without an sd in the slot but no luck, still stuck at dual core screen. Trying to flash nightly #172/ #171, recovery ver is 6.0.2.7. anyone has any other tips?

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Seems to be a bug in the rom, tried 161 and booted alright.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Read on XDA that EOS has stopped any further development on this ROM. The last version is 172, with 170 being the most stable build as of now.

More details @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2372197
    Last edited by kayote; 08-08-2013 at 04:23 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads