• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ready or not, am jumping from 3.2.1 to JB, please comment

This is a discussion on Ready or not, am jumping from 3.2.1 to JB, please comment within the Jelly Bean Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Jelly Bean Forum category; Hello, have been gone awhile, health issues continue. Anyway, I have been happy with 3.2.1 with Tiamat 2.2.2 Moray and 2.6.36.4-rogue-1.4.3+, etc, but it is ...

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Ready or not, am jumping from 3.2.1 to JB, please comment

Hello, have been gone awhile, health issues continue.

Anyway, I have been happy with 3.2.1 with Tiamat 2.2.2 Moray and 2.6.36.4-rogue-1.4.3+, etc, but it is time for JB.

I read where I need a compatible recovery, have installed CWM touch 6.0.2.7 and made a backup, but have others available also. Is this recovery suitable for latest EOS 3 stable or EOS 4 latest nightlies? Suggestions welcome LOL.

I have put on my sd card: EOS-wingray-3.0 with gapps-jb-20120802-eos-signed and EOS-Wingray-20130520-197 with gapps-jb-20130413-EOS-XOOM-only.

Is this the right pairing of ROM and GApps? What would happen if I used the 20130413 gapps with the EOS-wingray-3.0 ROM?

Is this still the correct procedure:
    make nandroid
    wipe cache
    wipe dalvik
    wipe data
    format/system
    flash desired ROM
    flash GApps
    reboot?

I believe we are to do all the above steps without rebooting until after flashing the GApps, correct? The format /system is new for me, I hope cwm know what to do.

Please advise and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Chris.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Nobody? Really?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwatcher1951 View Post
    Hello, have been gone awhile, health issues continue.

Anyway, I have been happy with 3.2.1 with Tiamat 2.2.2 Moray and 2.6.36.4-rogue-1.4.3+, etc, but it is time for JB.

I read where I need a compatible recovery, have installed CWM touch 6.0.2.7 and made a backup, but have others available also. Is this recovery suitable for latest EOS 3 stable or EOS 4 latest nightlies? Suggestions welcome LOL.

I have put on my sd card: EOS-wingray-3.0 with gapps-jb-20120802-eos-signed and EOS-Wingray-20130520-197 with gapps-jb-20130413-EOS-XOOM-only.

Is this the right pairing of ROM and GApps? What would happen if I used the 20130413 gapps with the EOS-wingray-3.0 ROM?

Is this still the correct procedure:
    make nandroid
    wipe cache
    wipe dalvik
    wipe data
    format/system
    flash desired ROM
    flash GApps
    reboot?

I believe we are to do all the above steps without rebooting until after flashing the GApps, correct? The format /system is new for me, I hope cwm know what to do.

Please advise and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

That is correct, I've been 4 other forums and hadn't checked since early AM as we don't get much traffic anymore.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    ggrant3876,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear the loss of traffic. I hope the devs that continue to to work so hard to keep us current on our xooms do not get discouraged and quit doing work for the xoom.

Where have the "heavy hitters" gone to? Looks like development for newer devices gets tweaked to also work for the xooms.

If you do not mind, what device(s) did you and astrix, bazar6, and castershells, etc go to? Which other forums are you going to, looks like I may need to update my toy.

Your comment of being correct, I presume you are talking about the procedure.

Could you please also comment on the recoveries?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwatcher1951 View Post
    ggrant3876,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear the loss of traffic. I hope the devs that continue to to work so hard to keep us current on our xooms do not get discouraged and quit doing work for the xoom.

Where have the "heavy hitters" gone to? Looks like development for newer devices gets tweaked to also work for the xooms.

If you do not mind, what device(s) did you and astrix, bazar6, and castershells, etc go to? Which other forums are you going to, looks like I may need to update my toy.

Your comment of being correct, I presume you are talking about the procedure.

Could you please also comment on the recoveries?
    Not sure about the others but I still have my Xoom. I'n on Nexus 4, Galaxy 4, Note II and Android.net forums plus this one.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Thanks for the info.

I got the EOS4 nightly and associated GApps loaded without incident. Pretty cool.

So far just one thing though. I use accuweather and beautiful widgets. Problem is the widget, the one that shows the temps and conditions for four days, shows the temps in centigrade and for the life of me I cannot find where to change it. Looked in the widget, when clicked it goes to acuweather where it is in degrees Fahrenheit. Anybody know where to change the widget?

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I do not know how to fix the issue Chris....but I am glad I found your post because right now I am also doing a jump from your exact old version and kernel!! I too am making the jump now!

Remove Ads

Ads