• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Root stock 4.1.2 to Jelly Bean 4.3 MZ604 bt Dreamcwli from XDA

This is a discussion on Root stock 4.1.2 to Jelly Bean 4.3 MZ604 bt Dreamcwli from XDA within the Jelly Bean Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Jelly Bean Forum category; I have read this forum and others (XDA) and have done the instructions I found on this site. ( Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Root stock 4.1.2 to Jelly Bean 4.3 MZ604 bt Dreamcwli from XDA

I have read this forum and others (XDA) and have done the instructions I found on this site. (Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof post #5). I am running Windows 7.
    I have the original software and recently did the motorola update to 4.1.2 from motorola. I installed motorola device manager (drivers). When I plug in device, shows up in explorer. I am using Cable that came with unit.
    I installed downloaded ADB, extracted the SDK-tools and then placed onto the C directory. I have USB Debugging check and i see the icon on the taskbar. I downloaded the Universal Xoom Root and saved onto the External MicroSD Card. Did not extract or unzip. I also downloaded this recovery image(recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm.img) and place it in the "SDK_tools folder" on the C:drive

Now I keep the Xoom plugged up to the computer and poweredm on. I have open command prompt and typed cd C:\SDK_tools. When I type adb reboot bootloader, i get device not detected. i'm assuming I don't type fastboot oem unlock and fastboot reboot in the same string. Also, I've tried with the tablet off with same results.

I checked the video and noticed the items in SDK_tools were different then the items from mine. The video shows ddms, fastboot, r6recovery, recovery, system, userdata. My folder has adb, adbwinapi.dll, adbwinusbapi.dll, ddms, fastboot, recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm.img.

adb devices command does not show xoom either

I'm stuck at this point and need some assistances. Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be offered
    Last edited by Heh8me2; 12-08-2013 at 10:40 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Remove Ads

Ads