• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[ROM][4.4.2] OmniROM - Wingray - bigPart / MZ604

This is a discussion on [ROM][4.4.2] OmniROM - Wingray - bigPart / MZ604 within the Jelly Bean Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Jelly Bean Forum category; OmniRom 4.4.2 for Wingray Just when you thought Xoom is riding down to the sunset, ROM based on 4.4.2 gets released!!! For Everest and Stingray ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [ROM][4.4.2] OmniROM - Wingray - bigPart / MZ604

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

[ROM][4.4.2] OmniROM - Wingray - bigPart / MZ604

OmniRom 4.4.2 for Wingray

Just when you thought Xoom is riding down to the sunset, ROM based on 4.4.2 gets released!!!

For Everest and Stingray, refer respective threads.

Based on:
    Download
    Download GApps
    One of these may be applied:
    Note: Not fully tested.

Download Root

UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip

Instructions

Note: You will need bigPart TWRP and execute the repartitioning as instructed.

Your data will be totally wiped! If you have Nandroids, TitaniumBackups, or anything of any value on your internal storage, copy them to your microsd or computer! They will be gone forever! Your microsd card is the only safe haven on your Xoom during this process.

1. Put all needed resources on your microsd card! You will need the TWRP 2.6.3.0 BigPart version, your rom, and the Eos 4 BigPart Wingray Boot Image that goes with your rom. (EDITED: removed 'original TWRP' reference)

2. Reboot into recovery. Flash TWRP BigPart. Don't reboot just yet.

3. Go back into wipe menu and wipe everything but /sdcard.

4. Go to reboot menu and reboot into recovery. Disregard the "No OS" warning and don't install SuperSU when asked.

5. When you come back into recovery, it will think your data is encrypted but it's not. Go into wipe menu and "format data". Type "yes" when prompted.

6. When done, go back into wipe menu. Select "Advanced Wipe". Check "system" and "cache" and wipe them.

7. Hit Home then go to reboot menu and reboot recovery. Once again, disregard "No OS" warning and don't install SuperSU when asked

8. When you come back into recovery, go into mount menu. You should see "cache" and "data" checked. "System" will be unchecked. Check it to confirm it mounts, then uncheck it. Congratulations! You are now repartitioned!

9. Go into install. Recovery should show your microsd storage by default. If not, using the navigation panel, navigate to root then go into "sdcard". You can now follow the steps below, starting with Flash omni-4.4.2-201XXXXX-wingray-HOMEMADE_XXXX.zip.

10. Flash gapps-xxxx.zip

11. Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip

12. Reboot

Enjoy!

Original thread: [ROM][4.4.2] OmniROM - Wingray - bigPart - xda-developers
    BigPart Repartition thread : BigPart Repartition Upgrade and Resource Center - xda-developers
    Last edited by kayote; 05-13-2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Removed reference to unused file.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Hi, I don't get the guide on Post #1.
    1. Put all needed resources on your microsd card! You will need the original TWRP 2.6.3.0, TWRP 2.6.3.0 BigPart version, your rom, and the Eos 4 BigPart Wingray Boot Image that goes with your rom.
    I read over and over but from step 1 to step 12, I do not see anywhere on flashing TWRP 2.6.3.0 and Eos 4 BigPart Wingray Boot Image. The only thing i saw was just flashing the TWRP 2.6.3.0 BigPart version. Then it's goes on flashing the rom, etc.

Help help me in understanding. thx

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    @TyneBridges
    Quote Originally Posted by cat2115 View Post
    Hi, I don't get the guide on Post #1.I read over and over but from step 1 to step 12, I do not see anywhere on flashing TWRP 2.6.3.0 and Eos 4 BigPart Wingray Boot Image. The only thing i saw was just flashing the TWRP 2.6.3.0 BigPart version. Then it's goes on flashing the rom, etc.Help help me in understanding. thx
    I agree. I'm having a lot of trouble trying to install the TWRP recovery over CWM, and would really like to know whether I need to install the original TWRP recovery and then BigPart, or just the BigPart edition. I've spent days searching and still can't find this info. Anybody?

Thought I'd try using flashboot to install TWRP recovery, since nothing else I've tried seems to shift CWM. The following gives me a Xoom that won't boot into recovery, but hangs on
    Code:
    Reading ODM fuse: 1.
    Code:
    C:\android-sdk\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-jflteatt.img
    sending 'recovery' (8234 KB)...OKAY [  1.032s]
    writing 'recovery'...OKAY [  2.209s]
    finished. 
    total time: 3.241s
    C:\android-sdk\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot reboot
    rebooting...
    finished. 
    total time: 0.270s
    It looks right. I've also tried flashing the TWRP zip from within CWM. That appears to work but, when I boot into recovery, I still see CWM. Could it be that this recovery is not compatible with the UK Xoom (which I think is almost identical to the US one)? Anyone any ideas what's going wrong?

==========
    Edit: I found that the instruction to download two separate TWRP recoveries was unnecessary (for me at least). Once I gave up with the initial TWRP recovery and skipped straight to TWRP BigPart, the problem described above disappeared and the rest of the procedure was straightforward.
    Last edited by TyneBridges; 05-12-2014 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Superseded (resolved)
    kayote and servio like this.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cat2115 View Post
    I read over and over but from step 1 to step 12, I do not see anywhere on flashing TWRP 2.6.3.0 and Eos 4 BigPart Wingray Boot Image...
    Quote Originally Posted by TyneBridges View Post
    Edit: I found that the instruction to download two separate TWRP recoveries was unnecessary (for me at least). Once I gave up with the initial TWRP recovery and skipped straight to TWRP BigPart, the problem described above disappeared and the rest of the procedure was straightforward.
    You do not need the 'original TWRP'; copy pasted this from the XDA thread. You can go directly to TWRP Bigpart.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have installed the rom on my wingray/wifi xoom. It is beautiful and runs quick. However, when it goes to sleep, I can no longer wake the xoom by tapping the rear button. If I tap and hold the rear button for a long time it will restart the xoom and I lose all that I was working on. This is the only issue with it, and its otherwise given new life to my tablet and will let me postpone a new tablet purchase for awhile which would be great since I'm still paying off school and have kids. Please help.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have tried this three times. Every time recovery TWRP can not read my SD card and I cant install the new files. The files are on the SD card as I can see them on the computer.

Please Help.
    mrmp0avinar likes this.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Finally I got it.... Kitkat is on my Xoom... I ended up getting slim version on... Works great

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    johnasheldon

Kitkat

I tried this and it works great. Thanks for all the hard work. I was about to give my tablet up because so slow and outdated. But now, like a new toy......

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Kayote [OP] please explain how I am flashing my xoom, I have rooted it using ADB, and Fastboot and removed the OEM lock, and rebooted into a stock rooted xoom, excuse all my typing on one line its this editor, now do I do all the flashing from my xoom, I know how to get into android recovery mode, by pressing power on button, waiting 3 seconds, then down volume button, I get -->Android Recovery, "then what " ?? I get android robot lying on his/her back with red triangle and exclamation mark inside ??

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Is there anywhere i can get the image file for TWRP 2.6.3.0 BigPart version? I tried the link and i thinking it has redirected me to somewhere different. The reason i believe this is that the file listed is
    R.A.H._TWRPv2.6.3_BigPart_selinux.zip. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads