• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Google Now

This is a discussion on Google Now within the Jelly Bean General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Jelly Bean Forum category; Originally Posted by kevin7966 I have the same problem, no option to download the language pack. Gedified jellybeaned xoom, X3 no option.....stock US GED...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Google Now

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin7966 View Post
    I have the same problem, no option to download the language pack.

Gedified jellybeaned xoom,

X3 no option.....stock US GED

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I also do not have the option to download the offline language pack with stock us rom, any ideas how to get it to show?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just checked Google play after the suggestion the app might need updating. Google search isn't in the 'installed' list but rather in 'all'. Where it say's it's installed but also says 'not compatible with your device'.
    Anyway of sorting this out? As although it's installed it's not supported by my OS, so will not update anymore, the same as flash 11 is for me now.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My stock Xoom was updated OTA on Tuesday with Jelly Bean and it does run smoother, but I seem to be yet another one with no option to download the offline language pack. Google Now does work but it doesn't have the 'Google' hot word recognition like what some people have on other devices. Checking the status of all my apps installed, Voice search and Google search are now incompatible, even though they are already installed. Adobe Flash is incompatible now, but I figured that; the Firefox web browser is also incompatible now. Everything else seems to be OK.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    My OTA came while I was traveling (in Dallas for a few days). Google Now is pretty good. I tried the typical things like, what's the temperature, where am I and a few other things. Then, I tried something practical and asked about my flight status. It understood and gave me the full flight details. I love it!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Xoom WiFi - Original owner - Rooted - EOS 4.2.2 Nightlies

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Google have really tripped over their own toes here. It should just work out of the box.

The only people with a fully functioning Google Now have custom ROMs, not stock, and as one of those, I can't even be bothered to jump through all the hoops of digging around to find out how to set it up, and trying to get the voice search to understand the word "Tottenham" when I want the footie results. The juice isn't worth the squeeze.

I think I will just carry on using computers the way I always have done, and will back myself to be more efficient at getting exactly what I want out of a search than this software is, nine times out of ten.
    Last edited by zigackly; 07-29-2012 at 06:20 AM.
    NewAge likes this.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    ROMs
    1 Submitted
    ^^^For its initial release and being a Google Beta product it works pretty good especially compared to Svoice or Siri. Expect updates soon for the search apps but even then I dont feel comfortable talking to my phone (or tablet) with or without people around. I'll wait for Google Brain Scan (Beta)
    Last edited by NewAge; 07-29-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    jakedog and claudermilk like this.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    ROMs
    1 Submitted
    Quote Originally Posted by hickslv426 View Post
    My stock Xoom was updated OTA on Tuesday with Jelly Bean and it does run smoother, but I seem to be yet another one with no option to download the offline language pack. Google Now does work but it doesn't have the 'Google' hot word recognition like what some people have on other devices. Checking the status of all my apps installed, Voice search and Google search are now incompatible, even though they are already installed. Adobe Flash is incompatible now, but I figured that; the Firefox web browser is also incompatible now. Everything else seems to be OK.
    Welcome to the forum! Great first post. Adobe Flash can still be side loaded and works for most sites. Download the apk and install

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Twitter
    @pizentu
    I dont want to sound like some conspiracy theory nut, but I dont think I feel comfortable with this listening to every thing I say. The other day I noticed driving directions in my notification bar. I thought maybe it was from the night before when I was testing Google Now out. Well tonight my wife suggested I should go get some Taco Bell. Sounded good to me. We talked a few minutes about what she wanted and then I left. I bought the food, came home and ate. Then I decided to play on the Xoom. I was shocked to see in the notification bar that Google Now had brought up directions to Taco Bell. I NEVER touched my Xoom any time just before my wife brought up Taco Bell until after 20 minutes or so after I finished eating. I have tried talking about McDonalds or Arbys, even movies but its not pulling up traffic for anything. Even tried talking about Taco Bell again. No luck.

Again, I am not a CTN, but I dont feel comfortable with my device listening to my every word.

*EDIT*

Just wanted to add, The directions to Taco Bell sent me over 50 miles from my home when there are 2 or 3 within 10 miles.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads