• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom 2 Fallacy: Motorola axes its own legs// No Jellybeans on Xoom 2

This is a discussion on Xoom 2 Fallacy: Motorola axes its own legs// No Jellybeans on Xoom 2 within the Jelly Bean General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Jelly Bean Forum category; So I presume that Motorola has stopped supporting Xoom 2 since it decided no further android upgrade for its younger child. In Australia, where I ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Xoom 2 Fallacy: Motorola axes its own legs// No Jellybeans on Xoom 2

So I presume that Motorola has stopped supporting Xoom 2 since it decided no further android upgrade for its younger child.
    In Australia, where I have placed an order for Xoom 2, it has already suffered a backlash - perhaps they don't care as they were not going to sell much of their Xooms anyway.
    I found, after I paid, that Xoom 2 has been orphaned too soon, while the elder child Xoom was still being fed. But with almost half the intended price - I am not going to cancel the order. However, I have warned my colleagues about it - if they wish cutting edge Android - and that is the real reason behind following Android - forget Motorola.
    I think Motorola developers might have been moonlighting elsewhere, or else how would they fail to see that a good support to their products like Asus does - would have seen them in the front of the. Good product with poor support is criminally retarded.

I believe a Jellybean upgrade to 3g products may be a tad complicated than for wifi, but it wouldn't be more than a 50-hour-developer job, and once done - that would generate millions for Motorola. They are just blind and lazy.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, and i am only happy to be wrong. I want Jellybeans splattering over my Xoox 2 too.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by ravithap View Post
    So I presume that Motorola has stopped supporting Xoom 2 since it decided no further android upgrade for its younger child.
    In Australia, where I have placed an order for Xoom 2, it has already suffered a backlash - perhaps they don't care as they were not going to sell much of their Xooms anyway.
    I found, after I paid, that Xoom 2 has been orphaned too soon, while the elder child Xoom was still being fed. But with almost half the intended price - I am not going to cancel the order. However, I have warned my colleagues about it - if they wish cutting edge Android - and that is the real reason behind following Android - forget Motorola.
    I think Motorola developers might have been moonlighting elsewhere, or else how would they fail to see that a good support to their products like Asus does - would have seen them in the front of the. Good product with poor support is criminally retarded.

I believe a Jellybean upgrade to 3g products may be a tad complicated than for wifi, but it wouldn't be more than a 50-hour-developer job, and once done - that would generate millions for Motorola. They are just blind and lazy.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, and i am only happy to be wrong. I want Jellybeans splattering over my Xoox 2 too.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. I don't pretend to know the answers as to why but hopefully they will have a change of heart.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ravithap View Post
    I just bought the Xoom 2 ME WiFi for a very reasonable price, and while I knew that it would not be updated beyond ICS, I also find it a rather poor decision from Motorola & Google. Google keeps complaining that the manufacturers do not support their devices as well as they should with updates, but then the Google-owned Motorola won't support their newer tablet even for 18 months! Google is being hypocritical here. I don't think there is much hope for them to change their minds, either. Apparently the Xyboard / Xoom 2 tablets did not sell very well, so they decided to stop supporting them early on. The only plus side in this is that I got mine cheaper than I probably would have, if it still had been fully supported.

Remove Ads

Ads