• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

XOOM 3G "side effects" after upgrade to 4.2.2 JB

This is a discussion on XOOM 3G "side effects" after upgrade to 4.2.2 JB within the Jelly Bean General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Jelly Bean Forum category; I had follow the link Update Motorola Xoom 3G MZ601 To Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean via CM10.1?How To | True Android | #1 Custom Android ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

XOOM 3G "side effects" after upgrade to 4.2.2 JB

I had follow the link Update Motorola Xoom 3G MZ601 To Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean via CM10.1?How To | True Android | #1 Custom Android Resource to upgrade my XOOM 3G (Hong Kong version) - MZ601 last week and i cannot have the following problem solved, hope anyone here can do me a favor.

I had used 1-click root app to do my rooting at first, then i have the Clockworkmod recovery installed, and finally flashed the CM10.1 and gapps-20130812 into my XOOM.

After re-enter my XOOM, i've got it upgraded to 4.2.2, however i found that i had lost my google play store app (but gmail is still there). Can someone tell me how to fix that and got my google play installed back to my Andriod?

Google play - I tried to install google play apk but the a message "Unfortunately CyanogeMod Account has stoppped" pops up and when i enter my play store it always says that i am no connection.

Superuser - My XOOM doesn't come with this program even my XOOM is rooted (at least the root checker apps says that!) and when i have it installed individually, it says my superuser binary (su) must be updated. An error message pops up again when i press the install button comes up.

ROM Manager - Same i install this app individually and it just do says "Unfortunately, ROM Manager has stopped"

I have captured my apps screen here please help to check whether any thing i had also missed but which i am supposed to have them with CM10.1

Screenshot_2014-02-10-22-36-35.png

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    You need to install gapps for 4.2.2 after flashing the ROM.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...-bU4tVyPcQdEsg

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Did u mean gapps-jb-20130812.zip? I thought i had that flashed soon after i flash my CM10.1. Or do i need to flash it separately after i reboot the XOOM?

Anyway, i will have a go later tonight and will come back to tell. Thank ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    You need to install gapps for 4.2.2 after flashing the ROM.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...-bU4tVyPcQdEsg

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    You have to flash gapps every time you flash the ROM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Nope, i tried that once again, it is even worse (i lost my andriod keyboard somehow.)

Does anyone here tried install CM10.1 to xoom bundle with google play?

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Benmeli View Post

After re-enter my XOOM, i've got it upgraded to 4.2.2, however i found that i had lost my google play store app (but gmail is still there). Can someone tell me how to fix that and got my google play installed back to my Andriod?
    You just need to keep trying, I can't count the times Google play store hasn't shown as an icon but it's running as an application (broken).
    Try 9-26-13 - gapps-unified-jb-20130220-signed.zip

A release Note I've kept:

!!Not compatible with 4.3.x!!

!!Not recommended for 4.2.1!! (so must be for 4.2.2 right :} )

* Does not include GalleryGoogle, meaning no Photosphere-equipped Camera app.

* Gmail added to package (for those who could not download through Play Store) and updated to 4.5.2-714156

* Google+ added to package (to fix Location map tiles bug) and updated to 4.1.0.50809204

* Google Play Services updated to 3.2.25

* Google Play Store updated to 4.3.11

* Google Search updated to 2.6.7.721924

* TalkBack updated to 3.4.0

--From wiki.rootzwiki.com/Google_Apps

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip

-----

Digg around Goo.im free android file hosting you'll find what you need (Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps).
    (All file modification times are the same at Goo.im as they've just transfered everything over)

Also dump CM as a recovery, TWRP is much nicer - well I can't really say that as I've never used CM but TWRP is touch GUI menus.
    You will also need TWRP for Kit Kat if you decide to upgrade.

-----
    Edit: I just installed cm-10.1-20140113-NIGHTLY-wingray.zip I forgot till after the reply
    CyanogenMod Downloads

And used gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip there's a gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip (one day later) that caused problems.

I'm not exactly sure what happened, I installed Gapps12 and Google play didn't show, so I back up the install,
    installed Cm 10.1 with gapps13 had the problem so cleaned out the caches, system and even formatted Scard0 (normal for me).

Then restored the backed up install with Gapps12, I don't think everything got removed (so a dirty install?) but
    Google play showed up and it's been a very nice install for me, everything is working.
    Last edited by Travesty; 02-15-2014 at 05:05 AM.

Remove Ads

Ads