• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom 2 me stuck in fastboot boot failure

This is a discussion on Xoom 2 me stuck in fastboot boot failure within the Motorola Xoom 2 Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom 2 Forum category; Hi there, first post here and I hope someone can help. Rooted my Xoom (607) and tried to flash CWM Device didnt give an option ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Xoom 2 me stuck in fastboot boot failure

Hi there,
    first post here and I hope someone can help. Rooted my Xoom (607) and tried to flash CWM Device didnt give an option in recovery to install zip so tried the adb method and that failed leaving me in a Fastboot loop (flash Failure) SO tried the latam release of the Xoom 2 FW and ended up in Fastboot BOOT FAILURE - so effectively I have bricked it, soft or otherwise. Is there a way out??

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Welcome to the forum
    Sorry Im not sure about Xoom 2

Hope someone familiar with Xoom 2 will assist you soon

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrix View Post
    Welcome to the forum
    Sorry Im not sure about Xoom 2

Hope someone familiar with Xoom 2 will assist you soon
    Thanks me too, it's my own damn fault for messing, just cant resist!! :-( If it's a no go, does anyone know how flexible Motorola are with warranty repair? After all, I was trying to fix the dodgy wifi!

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Twitter
    alexnewbury
    Unfortunately, rooting is generally a dealbreaker. As its your fault, they'll charge you for repair.

This is, of course, assuming it needs repair - all the files are there for the us models if I recall correctly, so I'm sure someone will have a few remedies to try :-)

Edit: and I think software restore deals are a flat price, so you may as well try anything and everything - short of opening it up, it shouldn't make it worse.

Sent from my XOOM 2 using Tapatalk 2

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alexn View Post
    Unfortunately, rooting is generally a dealbreaker. As its your fault, they'll charge you for repair.

This is, of course, assuming it needs repair - all the files are there for the us models if I recall correctly, so I'm sure someone will have a few remedies to try :-)

Edit: and I think software restore deals are a flat price, so you may as well try anything and everything - short of opening it up, it shouldn't make it worse.

Sent from my XOOM 2 using Tapatalk 2
    I kind.of figured it was a deal breaker but i cant find any eu files for fastboot Nd adb will no longer see the device despitd it sbowing in device manager?! Again any pointers to files or methods would be appreciated as i dont reall wanna pay motorolA Ny more money lol

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    surely there is something I can do with this? Maybe flash a stock recovery back to it from RSD?? Anything?

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Well you softbricked it and as there are no files for you to revert back to stock you will have to wait for leaked rsd/fastbootfiles for your model which may take a very long time and might eventually never happen,
    Or you send the device in and have it repaired. I have softbricked my 10.1 inch xoom2 some time ago, sent it in to germanys softwarepartner and got it back repaired in about half a week. As there was no big problem with the device but only the filesystem damaged i didnt have to pay anything fut shipping.

Gesendet von meinem XOOM 2 mit Tapatalk 2

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nchantmnt View Post
    Well you softbricked it and as there are no files for you to revert back to stock you will have to wait for leaked rsd/fastbootfiles for your model which may take a very long time and might eventually never happen,
    Or you send the device in and have it repaired. I have softbricked my 10.1 inch xoom2 some time ago, sent it in to germanys softwarepartner and got it back repaired in about half a week. As there was no big problem with the device but only the filesystem damaged i didnt have to pay anything fut shipping.

Gesendet von meinem XOOM 2 mit Tapatalk 2

Thank you, I am resigned to sending it back I think as I wqas enjoying playing with it, the wifi problems were just awful though which made a lot of the things I wanted it for more or less useless :-(

Remove Ads

Ads