• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Question: Is it possible to install custom rom ti xoom 2 MZ616 Asia version?

This is a discussion on Question: Is it possible to install custom rom ti xoom 2 MZ616 Asia version? within the Motorola Xoom 2 Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom 2 Forum category; Hi All, I have recently bought the Xoom 2. It is Asia version but sold in Australia. The System Version in About Tablet shows 77.128.11.MZ616.Retail.en.AU, ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question: Is it possible to install custom rom ti xoom 2 MZ616 Asia version?

Hi All,
    I have recently bought the Xoom 2. It is Asia version but sold in Australia. The System Version in About Tablet shows 77.128.11.MZ616.Retail.en.AU, I have updated to ICS. It says baseband version X1_02.OC.00RU and build number 7.7.1-128_MZ616-11.

I have rooted it through the information in another thread. Backed up using Titanium Backup.

I am wondering whether it can be flashed to install custom rom. Or can the bootloader be unlocked so that I can at least create a recovery image?

I have been reading quite a lot information about it in this forum and other forums. I almost took an attempt to apply the "fastboot oem unlock" command, but refrained from doing that as I became confused. I have a feeling that it is applicable to Xoom version 1 only, not for the Xoom 2 version.

Is that so? If that is the case, is there any other solution to install custom recovery etc.

I am a newbie. I appreciate your feedback and support.

Regards.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by kalia View Post
    Hi All,
    I have recently bought the Xoom 2. It is Asia version but sold in Australia. The System Version in About Tablet shows 77.128.11.MZ616.Retail.en.AU, I have updated to ICS. It says baseband version X1_02.OC.00RU and build number 7.7.1-128_MZ616-11.

I have rooted it through the information in another thread. Backed up using Titanium Backup.

I am wondering whether it can be flashed to install custom rom. Or can the bootloader be unlocked so that I can at least create a recovery image?

I have been reading quite a lot information about it in this forum and other forums. I almost took an attempt to apply the "fastboot oem unlock" command, but refrained from doing that as I became confused. I have a feeling that it is applicable to Xoom version 1 only, not for the Xoom 2 version.

Is that so? If that is the case, is there any other solution to install custom recovery etc.

I am a newbie. I appreciate your feedback and support.

Regards.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. I know it can be rooted but AFAIK there are no custom roms.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That's the only pity thing for Xoom 2 as I noticed so far. Thanks for the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. I know it can be rooted but AFAIK there are no custom roms.

Remove Ads

Ads