• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[XOOM2] Driver issue?

This is a discussion on [XOOM2] Driver issue? within the Motorola Xoom 2 Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom 2 Forum category; Hi guys, first post, getting nowhere despite extensive searches. Got MZ615-16 on ICS 4.0.4 UK model. Wanted to try and get JB 4.1.2 - managed ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy [XOOM2] Driver issue?

Hi guys, first post, getting nowhere despite extensive searches.
    Got MZ615-16 on ICS 4.0.4 UK model. Wanted to try and get JB 4.1.2 - managed that after some head scratching and a little bit of frustration (showed up as a US Verizon MZ617). Human nature made me want to try to reverse what i had done. I had followed the guide from xda forums to get to JB and the last lines told how to return to ICS. Yes i did have root and USB debugging was on (had checked so many times). On trying to replace the original cid using 'moto-fastboot flash cid cid.img', it seems like only part of the command executed (copy data but did not write? - sorry I am new to all this, haven't got the screenshot). Now the tablet wont boot.

AP fastboot screen shows:

Invalid Flash Mode (S) (Boot failure)
    0A.74 (sha-db24cb6, 2012-04-25 10:52:50)
    eMMC Info: Size 16G

Device is LOCKED. Status code 0

Battery Low
    Cannot Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

Invalid CG OTV (CG: cdrom): Invalid SP data
    Invalid CG HAB (CG: cdrom, status: 0X0056)
    Invalid CG OTV (CG: cdrom)

If I plug in the factory cable and restart it gives the first line as 'AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)

This shows Battery OK and OK to Program (due to the factory cable I guess) and shows USB Connected.

Major problem is now that the PC wont recognise the tablet. When I plug it in it makes the sound, and shows up in device manager as 'Mot Single ADB interface' and in Devices and Printers as 'Fastboot PASTEUR S' device. Have uninstalled/re-installed the official Moto drivers many times. Used front USB ports, back USB ports, Moto cable, 'Factory cable'.
    In cmd prompt, 'adb shell' command just gives 'error:device not found'. If I could just get the PC to recognise it I might be able to do something with it but right now I'm stuck.
    Can any of you experts out there advise?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Remove Ads

Ads