• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

77.128.12.MZ616.AsiaRetail.en.03 ICS 4.0.4 OTA

This is a discussion on 77.128.12.MZ616.AsiaRetail.en.03 ICS 4.0.4 OTA within the Motorola Xoom 2 forums, part of the Motorola Xoom 2 Forum category; Just received the update notice, downloaded and installed to my Xoom2 that I purchased in Singapore back in February. I did not unroot before applying ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    21055
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    3 times

    77.128.12.MZ616.AsiaRetail.en.03 ICS 4.0.4 OTA

    Just received the update notice, downloaded and installed to my Xoom2 that I purchased in Singapore back in February.

    I did not unroot before applying the OTA and there were no problems. I erased data/factory reset prior to updating as well as formated/erased the internal storage and external SD card. Here is a screenshot taken using power and - volume buttons:-

    Screenshot_2012-09-12-16-07-27.jpg

    I am performing a system pull so that I have the original files should I need them for future OTA's, then will try to root and restore my apps using Titanium Backup

    Edit:

    Just rooted using the Motorola Razr ICS Root Exploit (Windows version) by Dan Rosenberg. I now have root!
    Last edited by gazza1954; 09-12-2012 at 05:43 AM.

  2. # ADS
    Ads


  3. #2
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    23881
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times

    ICS UPGRADE Asia XOOM 2

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza1954 View Post
    Just received the update notice, downloaded and installed to my Xoom2 that I purchased in Singapore back in February.

    I did not unroot before applying the OTA and there were no problems. I erased data/factory reset prior to updating as well as formated/erased the internal storage and external SD card. Here is a screenshot taken using power and - volume buttons:-

    Screenshot_2012-09-12-16-07-27.jpg

    I am performing a system pull so that I have the original files should I need them for future OTA's, then will try to root and restore my apps using Titanium Backup

    Edit:

    Just rooted using the Motorola Razr ICS Root Exploit (Windows version) by Dan Rosenberg. I now have root!
    Nice to know!
    I've tried to update my Xoom 2 (rooted) yesterday and I receive the MSG that is not enough space available.
    I'll restore my Xoom 2 and try again today!

    Cheers!
    Giuliano

  4. #3
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    24886
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    help for some stock apps

    Hi,

    I have xoom 2 from singapore too, but I have a problem when updating ICS OTA that because I've removed some stock apps (system/app) :

    Evernote.apk
    FloatingNotes.apk
    PlusOne.apk

    Do you have backup that apps from your lastest official honeycomb ?

    Thanks

  5. #4
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    21055
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ikromy View Post
    Hi,

    I have xoom 2 from singapore too, but I have a problem when updating ICS OTA that because I've removed some stock apps (system/app) :

    Evernote.apk
    FloatingNotes.apk
    PlusOne.apk

    Do you have backup that apps from your lastest official honeycomb ?

    Thanks
    I will upload them to my google drive folder and post the link when the upload is complete.

    Edit:

    Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7r...UNfR1hiSF9LRVE

  6. #5
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    21055
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    3 times
    Ikromy, That's why I did a data wipe etc. to ensure that there would not be any problems during the update.
    Last edited by gazza1954; 09-13-2012 at 06:53 AM.

  7. #6
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    24886
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza1954 View Post
    Ikromy, That's why I did a data wipe etc. to ensure that there would not be any problems during the update.
    Thanks a lot man, still downloading... I'll report it back soon..

  8. #7
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    24886
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    gazza1954.. update ICS success!! realy realy thanks to you... if you around here, I'll treat yiu

  9. #8
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    23881
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi ikromy,

    Sorry for the late answer... it seems that you have your files.
    In my case, I still have no success with the update... I still having the msg "There is no space available to update, pls ensure that you have enough space" even after the factory settings restore process...
    It seems that I've got some problems with my root after some update... and I do not have a original ROM to restore...
    Any Idea...?
    Is there any place where I can get the original ROM to restore?
    I have the ICS update available and I'm stuck with HC...
    I have no idea about how to solve this....
    Tks you guys!
    Giuliano

  10. #9
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    21055
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grgmota View Post
    Hi ikromy,

    Sorry for the late answer... it seems that you have your files.
    In my case, I still have no success with the update... I still having the msg "There is no space available to update, pls ensure that you have enough space" even after the factory settings restore process...
    It seems that I've got some problems with my root after some update... and I do not have a original ROM to restore...
    Any Idea...?
    Is there any place where I can get the original ROM to restore?
    I have the ICS update available and I'm stuck with HC...
    I have no idea about how to solve this....
    Tks you guys!
    Giuliano
    Have you installed any programs in the system\apps folder? Try deleting the movie from the /system/media folder as this is not checked during the update. Also, try wiping data and cache again.

    Edit: What size external SD card do you have? How about internal storage free space? You may need to delete files from these as well to free up space.

    When I flash an OTA I back up to my PC then delete the old files from my internal storage and external SD card and start fresh. That way there are no old files to worry about. You can copy back music and other files once you have updated.
    Last edited by gazza1954; 09-13-2012 at 09:12 PM.

  11. #10
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    25868
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Gazza!
    Could you please help me with filemanager.apk. I have problems upgrade my xoom2 !
    Thanks so much !
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza1954 View Post
    I will upload them to my google drive folder and post the link when the upload is complete.

    Edit:

    Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7r...UNfR1hiSF9LRVE


 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Mz616-32 italiano Tim xoom 2 3G BACKUP searching....
    By lucausee in forum Non U.S. Xoom General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 08:14 AM
  2. Australian Telstra Xoom 2 ME (MZ616-32) possibly bricked?
    By h4ck3rc1 in forum Motorola Xoom 2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 08:02 AM

Search tags for this page

77.128.12 latam
,
77.128.12 mz616
,

77.128.12.mz616.asiaretail.en.03 ics

,
77.128.12.mz616.asiaretail.en.03+ics+4.0.4 ota
,
atualiza??o ics 4.04 xoom 2 mz616
,
motorola xoom 2 ics download
,
mz616 br ics 4.0
,

mz616 ics

,
mz616 latam ics
,
mz616 ota
,

mz616 update

,
ota mz609 4.0.4
,
printscreen no xoom2 ics
,
rom 4.0.4 xoom 2 mz616
,
rom ics mz616 brasil
,
rom mz616 ics
,
xoom 2 ics ota news
,

xoom 2 mz616 ics

,
xoom2 update ics mz-615
,

4 xoom2

Click on a term to search for related topics.