• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Battery charging problems with my Xoom II

This is a discussion on Battery charging problems with my Xoom II within the Motorola Xoom 2 forums, part of the Motorola Xoom 2 Forum category; Hi all here, would appreaciate some help and feedback on the charging problems Ive been having with my Xoom II 10" tablet, here is my ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Battery charging problems with my Xoom II

Hi all here, would appreaciate some help and feedback on the charging problems Ive been having with my Xoom II 10" tablet, here is my story.
    Recently for the past few days I have been having on/off problems with charging the battery in my Xoom II and it started about less than a week ago, or lets say close to a week.
    One evening before I went to bed I decided to put my Xoom on charge as per usual and it was down to 10%, the next morning when I woke up the charge was only up to 15% and just stayed there. a day later or that evening I managed to charge and get it back up to 100% which was great than after I had used it for a while and when it dropped down to 40% I decided to try and recharge it again and I was back to square one, infact this time after charge the batt dropped by 5%. This time the charging was not stable and kept fluctuating.

I thought perhaps the Motorola charger was faulty and tried it very quickly on my Samsung Galaxy Note II and it did show that it was charging, so I ruled that out. i did deide to try and charge the Xoom with a Samsung 2A 5V USB charger and someone it seems to help and work but not all the time, once again fluctuating.

Now its got worse and today when I tried to charge it it was from 0% and went up to 20% and that was it and would not seem to hold charge at all. I took it to work with me and left it on charge and after a period of 2 hrs it still showed 20% if not dropped to 5%.

Some Questions

I have noticed near the charge port when ever I plug the charger in a white led light comes on, note that this light is near the charge port not the other message indicator LED light or notification light.

The other funny thing is when ever I plug a samsung or some generic brand charger in the xoom I get an error popping up telling me that this charger is not optimised to be used on tthis tablet etc etc, but I mean really speaking isnt a 2.0Amp USB charger a USB charger regardless of brand. I can use another generic 2amp charger on my Note II and dont have any probs at all, so sorry bit confused here..

looking forwards to your reply.

BTW I am from Perth, Western Australia

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    And still not replies lol

Remove Ads

Ads