• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Cloth and Case

This is a discussion on Cloth and Case within the Motorola Xoom Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I bought a screen protector beforehand, but am worried about the back of the device being scratched or picking up too many fingerprints. Could someone ...

Thread: Cloth and Case

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Cloth and Case

I bought a screen protector beforehand, but am worried about the back of the device being scratched or picking up too many fingerprints.
    Could someone recommend a decent, but cheap case for my Xoom?

Does anyone have any experience with this case:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Moto...5195807&sr=8-3

Also, I hear microfibre cloths are meant to be good for screen cleaning, is that true?
    Last edited by Kurumu; 12-29-2011 at 04:14 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have the Motorola Folio case from Staples (in the USA) for $10 - same one that's on Amazon.uk for 21 GBP; the one in your link is obviously the better buy. A microfiber/re cloth works very well on the screen, which is a real fingerprint magnet. Even better is adding a screen protector which doesn't seem to pick up fingerprints as easily.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I bought this case and love it. As you can see you can access all ports while using it and the quality is excellent.
    http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Leathe.../dp/B0054U3ZW6

I also bought these pads for cleaning the screen and they also work great (and you get three of them).
    http://www.amazon.com/Targus-Cleanin...5262241&sr=1-4

I'm not big on screen protectors (such as those made by ZAGG) but to each his own. My reasoning is that anything that could harm or damage the "Gorilla Glass" that the screen is composed of is not going to be stopped by any add-on screen protector. Just my "two cents" and good luck in your search.

Agent Xoom
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    Hate It
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurumu View Post
    I bought a screen protector beforehand, but am worried about the back of the device being scratched or picking up too many fingerprints.
    Could someone recommend a decent, but cheap case for my Xoom?

Does anyone have any experience with this case:
    Genuine Motorola Protective Gel Case for Xoom - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Also, I hear microfibre cloths are meant to be good for screen cleaning, is that true?
    I have that gel case and use it when my Xoom is mounted in the motor home via the Padholdr. I have two other cases, one with a built in blutooth keyboard.
    Adios XOOM it has been, well an experience
    iMac i5 OS 10.x

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz21 View Post
    I bought this case and love it. As you can see you can access all ports while using it and the quality is excellent.
    Amazon.com: AYLŪ High Quality Slim Leather Case Folio with 5-in-1 built-in Stand For Motorola XOOM Android Tablet (3G & 4G WI-FI 16 GB 32 GB 64 GB): Electronics

I also bought these pads for cleaning the screen and they also work great (and you get three of them).
    http://www.amazon.com/Targus-Cleanin...5262241&sr=1-4

I'm not big on screen protectors (such as those made by ZAGG) but to each his own. My reasoning is that anything that could harm or damage the "Gorilla Glass" that the screen is composed of is not going to be stopped by any add-on screen protector. Just my "two cents" and good luck in your search.
    Those look wonderful, but unfortunately I couldn't find them on the UK Amazon site.
    I'll look around on Google for the case, especially.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    check out the leather roocase @amazon.com,this is one i use

Remove Ads

Ads