• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Vehicle Mount??

This is a discussion on Vehicle Mount?? within the Motorola Xoom Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; In anticipation of release, I've started looking around for a solution to mount the Xoom in my vehicle. I got in touch with the folks ...

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Vehicle Mount??

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Vehicle Mount??

In anticipation of release, I've started looking around for a solution to mount the Xoom in my vehicle. I got in touch with the folks at PadHoldr to see if they planned to offer a product or if their current model would work, given the similar dimensions between the Xoom and iPad. Their response was that they would try a Xoom as soon as they were released to see if it would work with their product, and if not, they'd design something "if there's enough demand"

What do you think? Is there?
    Sonny and DV8 like this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    RAM Mounts has one available. They are top shelf mounts too. But not priced that way. I use them for all of my gadget mounting needs.

RAM Tablet Mount

And you can customize them with different mounting options. Just look around the site. And when you are ready to order go here for the best prices on RAM Mounts. Just use the individual parts or full kit part number.

RAM Mount | GPS Mount | Vehicle Laptop Mount | Tablet Mount @ Express Mounts

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks for the suggestion! I love the RAM mounting solutions, in fact I've used them at work. What I like about Padholr is the way they mount to the dash. Their base attaches to the plate under the trim around the car stereo. The trim goes back on after mounting and all that's visible is a small plate that you bolt an arm onto which holds the tablet. No drilling, and less bulky than most of the bolted in seat base mounts I've seen from RAM...no suction cups either. I haven't been able to find a similar solution from RAM...even though I might just not be looking hard enough.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion! I love the RAM mounting solutions, in fact I've used them at work. What I like about Padholr is the way they mount to the dash. Their base attaches to the plate under the trim around the car stereo. The trim goes back on after mounting and all that's visible is a small plate that you bolt an arm onto which holds the tablet. No drilling, and less bulky than most of the bolted in seat base mounts I've seen from RAM...no suction cups either. I haven't been able to find a similar solution from RAM...even though I might just not be looking hard enough.

Yeah sounds similar to Bracketron and Pro-Fit mounts. You could always get just the bracket for mounting to the radio and then build some sort of RAM mount. Tell me what you are trying to achieve and I will see if I can put one together that would work.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    crawford714
    You plan on throwing this on your windshield like with the phone mounts or swing it off the dash like the cops and DNR Wardens do with their laptops?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by t.crawford714 View Post
    You plan on throwing this on your windshield like with the phone mounts or swing it off the dash like the cops and DNR Wardens do with their laptops?
    Mounting to the dash, similar to a mount in a police car, but not quite as bulky.

Yeah sounds similar to Bracketron and Pro-Fit mounts. You could always get just the bracket for mounting to the radio and then build some sort of RAM mount. Tell me what you are trying to achieve and I will see if I can put one together that would work.
    The Pro-Fit is very similar to PadHoldr's mount, at least as far as the base plate is concerned, and that's the way I'm thinking of accomplishing this. I have a '08 Toyota FJ Cruiser. Either company puts the mount to the right (or left, I'm going with right) of the radio in the center of the dash. PadHoldr has a 6" arm off of the mount and then the holder for the tablet, so it could sit right in the center of the dash or be oriented toward to passenger if needed. That's the goal.

Here's an image of the PadHoldr plate installed in an FJ for reference:

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    crawford714
    Cool, maybe I'll look into that, but probably won't get a mount, I don't think there is a need to use it while driving, if I use it for music I would set it on the seat or something.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    @cyberlaw: That mount doesn't leave many options. The Pro-Fit accepts standard amps mounting. I think with that and a few RAM pieces and you will be set. I am at work right now. Tomorrow I will show you a few pieces that would work for you.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    i want something cleaner. like this
    Scosche Attempts iPad Car Mount

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    @cyberlaw: That mount doesn't leave many options. The Pro-Fit accepts standard amps mounting. I think with that and a few RAM pieces and you will be set. I am at work right now. Tomorrow I will show you a few pieces that would work for you.
    Sounds great!
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads