• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

External battery Pack

This is a discussion on External battery Pack within the Motorola Xoom Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Anyone using external battery packs? Saw a deal on a 10000 mAh one today for $40 , can't tell if any of the tips will ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: External battery Pack

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

External battery Pack

Anyone using external battery packs? Saw a deal on a 10000 mAh one today for $40, can't tell if any of the tips will fit the the Xoom though (cursed non-USB charging) it does specifically mention it has 12V output (which I belive is necessary for the Xoom?).19800.jpg

Those tips to the right look like there may be one that fits...

2. # ADS
    Ads

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    i don't have the site links, but try a search here. there was a discussion about this a while ago. i went with the energizer energy to go model (that i believe was recommended in the posts at the time. i can't remember if it was in that post or from a friend's recommendation) and while it was more pricey, it was also a much stronger battery and came with a variety of cables and tips to deal with most devices including the xoom. in addition they guaranty that should you buy something that they haven't provided a tip for, that you are entitled to receive 1 new free tip a year (i believe you pay shipping, but so what if it solves your problems, lol). i have used my energizer to fully charge my galaxy s3 phone completely from almost 0 charge, more than 3 times in addition to about another 10-15 minutes of usage before it ran out of juice. i would certainly recommend it over most of the others, but like i originally said you can get others for a lot cheaper, but they are generally worth what you paid for them. if i remember correctly, by checking around the web i was able to buy mine for a under $100 (i believe it was around $80.00, but i'm not certain). the prices i found at the time were a very wide range, so it will pay you to search around before placing the order.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AuD14 View Post
    Anyone using external battery packs? Saw a deal on a 10000 mAh one today for $40, can't tell if any of the tips will fit the the Xoom though (cursed non-USB charging) it does specifically mention it has 12V output (which I belive is necessary for the Xoom?).19800.jpg

Those tips to the right look like there may be one that fits...
    I purchased one that appears identical except it has "EZO Power" branding (search for EZEBA14). The pack charges my Xoom fully on the 12 volt setting at least once per charge. The trick is finding the proper cable to connect the pack to the Xoom. None of the tips I received fit the Xoom. Maybe Radio Shack has tips that work with both the pack's connectors and the Xoom? I was able to make a cable from spare charger parts, but do not attempt this unless you know how to configure and test polarity using a multi-meter.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I dug through the reviews on Amazon and a few people commented on there not being a Xoom compatible tip. Is it hard to find the 12V output necessary for Xoom or is that easy to find in battery packs? I've dabbled with a multimeter a little and could probably figure it out, but I'm not in a huge rush. I'll probably wait until after the Xoom arrives. I don't forsee needing it often, maybe just a couple times a year when I'm at conferences taking notes all day would be most likely

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    please re-read my post here. the energizer i bought comes with a variety of tips and actual cables that include (among others), a tip for the xoom, an iphone 2,3,4, various cell phones that utilize a mini (or is it micro) usb tip, and about 5 additional cable ends that i have no idea what they handle. the outputs from the energizer (there are 3 different ones) are: dc 9-12 volts, dc 16-20 volts, and an output marked "usb" output that is more than adequate to run or charge (or run and charge simultaneously) at virtually the same rate (and charging time) as a wall or dock charger plugged into a wall socket. if you really care about something that won't fail you when you need it, don't cheap out on a lesser output battery. it will probably fail to have enough juice just about the time you really need it.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    When you get a chance, will you post your Energizer model number?

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AuD14 View Post
    When you get a chance, will you post your Energizer model number?
    xp18000 is the model #

usb output 5v= 1000mA
    10.5v= 2000mA
    19v= 3500mA

max 70WH

xpalpower.com should get you all the specs if there are others i haven't mentioned. hope this helps you out

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Going the quality & reliability route: here is one Energizer to consider Energizer Energi To Go XP18000 Power Pack for Laptops XP18000 It has almost twice the capacity 18K mha vs 10K mha, but costs considerably more. I'd probably go for something like this if my needs were professional.

I bought the EZO for my phone originally and only later began to think about other possibilities like the Xoom. On the Energizer site, the tip the Xoom needs is NB11 Tip Finder | EnergizerŽ Energi To GoŽ Rechargeable Power Packs Maybe this tip would work with my EZO cables...
    Last edited by Ken401; 11-28-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken401 View Post
    Going the quality & reliability route: here is one Energizer to consider Energizer Energi To Go XP18000 Power Pack for Laptops XP18000 It has almost twice the capacity 18K mha vs 10K mha, but costs considerably more. I'd probably go for something like this if my needs were professional.

I bought the EZO for my phone originally and only later began to think about other possibilities like the Xoom. On the Energizer site, the tip the Xoom needs is NB11 Tip Finder | EnergizerŽ Energi To GoŽ Rechargeable Power Packs Maybe this tip would work with my EZO cables...
    exactly as i mentioned in my original post. specs listed in my post #7. also all necessary cables and tips for the xoom are included as part of the original "package" as purchased.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    in5V &out 3.7V 5V 9V 12V 4A 2A 1.5A 1A Mobile USB 18650 Battery Charger Box/ipad | eBay

I've been using a battery to charge my Xoom for around 8 months its all I use since I don't trust the OEM charger. the model above looks almost identical to what I have but noticed they changed the outputs but should still charge the Xoom since its 12v.
    Last edited by sr20hardbody; 11-29-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    CWM 3.2 lol - Eos #155 - 1.6ghz interactive day & night- Antutu 8112

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads