• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

portfolio case issues

This is a discussion on portfolio case issues within the Motorola Xoom Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I was in the store to get my accessories and trying out the portfolio case. The main issue is you cannot charge it and have ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

portfolio case issues

I was in the store to get my accessories and trying out the portfolio case. The main issue is you cannot charge it and have it setting in the stand mode. you can flip it over in the case but you will be unable to access the power button. Which by the way is a bad spot to put the way to wake up the device.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Twitter
    CZonin
    Ya theres definitely something wrong with the Portfolio Case. I got the dock with it and theres an adapter to use it with the case on, but the holes are on the wrong side of the case
    Motorola Xoom
    Overclocked @ 1.5Ghz
    65 MFLOPS

If you like my posts and think I have been helpful don't forget to hit the "like" button!

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I let the bottom of case drape over the rear of the docking stage. Not real pretty but it works.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CZonin View Post
    Ya theres definitely something wrong with the Portfolio Case.
    Yeah, it's a piece of crap. Will keep my eyes open for something better. Wish I'd known before I bought the case.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I really like the portfolio case so far. It appears to give great overall protection and it covers the screen which I like because I don't use screen protectors. I think the stand implementation is about perfect. In portrait orientation and folded around to the left it offers a book or magazine-like look/feel. I think its great except I can't charge it with the case on. Soooo, I'm simply going to cut/drill/trim [whatever it takes for a clean hole] to allow for the charger. I don't mind 'finishing' it myself but I understand why others would.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    XoomFAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by CZonin View Post
    Ya theres definitely something wrong with the Portfolio Case. I got the dock with it and theres an adapter to use it with the case on, but the holes are on the wrong side of the case
    It is made for the CASE not the PORTFOLIO

I actually like the portfolio no scratching issues and I have taken it out 3-4 times messing around with it.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone know if the "protective gel case" that Motorola is including (if bought from them via Amazon) will fit in the Portfolio case or is the case unusable if this protective sleeve is on the Xoom?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The silicone case will not fit inside porfolio case.

In the motorola info videos it shows the adapter for dock being used with the silicone case.

I have already used a leather hole punch for charge port.

Anybody else disappointed in the plug? I know I'm going to break it.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by millerjy View Post
    Anybody else disappointed in the plug? I know I'm going to break it.
    Yes, the plug does feel flimsy, and it doesn't seat very well into the jack on the Xoom. How did it work out punching a hole for the plug? I thought of that, but as wobbly as the plug is I thought it might not get a good connection if having to fit through the case, unless you put a pretty big hole in it large enough for the entire plug-end to fit through. I won't be punching any holes. Not being able to charge with the case closed, though, is the only negative I have with it. Haven't noticed any of the other problems I've seen mentioned.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Nice big hole the same size as the outside diameter of the plug took me a few tries to get it centered and you have to make sure the xoom is snapped in all the wat but it makes the connection feel a little more secure than just that little pin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads