• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom Standard Dock Custom screen

This is a discussion on Xoom Standard Dock Custom screen within the Motorola Xoom Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I hope I am just doing something wrong but cant for the life of me find out how to get the "Custom View" to show ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zuiko

Thread: Xoom Standard Dock Custom screen

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Xoom Standard Dock Custom screen

I hope I am just doing something wrong but cant for the life of me find out how to get the "Custom View" to show up when I dock my Xoom.

I tried calling customer service but they told me there is no custom screen which is very confusing as both the box says it has one and from its own description:
    "
    Custom docking software remembers your preferences
    When you place your Motorola XOOM into the Standard Dock, a specially designed home screen launches providing you with quick access to all the features you'll need most, such as alarm settings, screen brightness, e-mails, music and more. When you remove the phone from the dock, it remembers your settings so that the next time you dock your XOOM, the same screen pops up ready for use.

"

I thought it would be like my DroidX, when you dock it a special screen pops up that you can customize just for the docking station, the support rep basically said I need to setup one of the 5 tabs and just switch to it when I want it docked, if he is correct it seems like false advertising to me. Anyone been able to get this to work?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    This thread: https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...art=0&tstart=0 provides more information than most would care to read on your question. Unfortunately, the answer is not what you want to hear.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Well I guess I am happy that it wasn't just me but its this kind of stuff that kills a product launch. I love my Xoom but if you can't deliver on the advertised features either don't advertise them or don't release it until you can. Basically I spent $50 for a paperweight with a power adapter, I would take it back this weekend but I don't believe there are other options.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    The dock settings just aren't in Honeycomb yet, but I expect the functionality to come. Motorola obviously expected it to be there when they made the box as well. I have the dock also and while I am somewhat disappointed I don't get the same kind of dock behavior options I do with my phone it is still a nice way to charge compared to plugging it in and laying it on a table somewhere.
    psychotic_penguin likes this.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Twitter
    pternahan
    Quote Originally Posted by zuiko View Post
    The dock settings just aren't in Honeycomb yet, but I expect the functionality to come. Motorola obviously expected it to be there when they made the box as well. I have the dock also and while I am somewhat disappointed I don't get the same kind of dock behavior options I do with my phone it is still a nice way to charge compared to plugging it in and laying it on a table somewhere.
    My feelings exactly and I'd also like to add I'm alot more secure with the dock than using the flimsy pin charger. You can guarantee that in upcoming releases a dock much like other Android devices will find it's way on the Xoom, if not someone will make one....

Smell that, the freedom of choice in the air.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by psychotic_penguin View Post
    Smell that, the freedom of choice in the air.
    Are you sure no one farted? ... ...
    Bensode
    Debian, XOOM & Droid Enthusiast

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Didn't know there was one...interesting

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Ads