• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

my recommend for usb OTG

This is a discussion on my recommend for usb OTG within the Motorola Xoom Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; i've seen quite a few threads asking about OTG cables. i've found a solution that does work for me. Micro USB Host/OTG Cable 4 Archos ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: my recommend for usb OTG

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

my recommend for usb OTG

i've seen quite a few threads asking about OTG cables. i've found a solution that does work for me.

Micro USB Host/OTG Cable 4 Archos Home Tablet 7 /w LED | eBay

i bought mine from an earlier auction - this is for the same item. i have tried a couple of thumbdrives, and a sanddisk micro-sd card reader (with 2gb micro sd).

the only thing i can't verify (and the reason i even bought an OTG cable) is camera connectivity. i'm at work, the camera's at home. that'll teach me . . .

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    nice! thanks i needed one of these, if you could reply back about camera compatibility that would be great?

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    oh, my setup - 3G verizon, rooted, tiamat 1.4.2

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    If you don't wish to wait 14-20 days to get it from China (usually no tracking # is provided) you can also order it in person from any Verizon retail store (unavailable online). You just have to give them the SKU (MOTMZ600ADPKIT) for it. It costs $20 which is basically $5 for the cable + $15 for FedEx 2 Day delivery with tracking #. It's an official XOOM part. Even though it's made to connect a digital camera (so compatibility is great for that), it works with any other XOOM supported USB device. Use with v3.1 and you should be fine.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    How long is this cable? Can it host a 500gb USB powered HDD?
    SDcard System Image Backup Using ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0.(RC4). Back yours up today!

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    Can it host a 500gb USB powered HDD?
    The most I've been able to power is a SmartDisk 120GB FireLite. Most everything else above that may need it's own external power supply.
    Ollie likes this.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    How long is this cable? Can it host a 500gb USB powered HDD?
    *holds thumb and forefinger apart "This far". it is 3 inches long (they say 8cm, about right i guess) and the nice part is the LED lights when it's OTG.

@epakrat75 - i was going to order the camera connect, and if this doesn't work i still will. i ordered this before i knew about the camera kit. it did take 2 weeks to deliver.
    Ollie likes this.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    I've now got my cable now, I went for an all black one with no led, the only trouble is I havn't got 3.1 yet so still waiting to test it.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jloya View Post
    nice! thanks i needed one of these, if you could reply back about camera compatibility that would be great?
    i have a canon 7d. with this cable connected to my mini usb cable from the camera, i can download pictures. the camera itself is unresponsive while connected.

the pictures themselves go to a folder called "/sdcard/Imported". i haven't found an App yet that will tether the camera, but along with an SD card, i have somewhere to off load pictures when need be.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    That LED is one issue with this cable. I don't know how much power the Xoom will source out the micro USB port but that LED is going to eat some of it.

The over priced official cable comes with spiffy Motorola logos and no energy robbing LED.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads