• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Piel Frama case has arrived!!! - REVIEW

This is a discussion on My Piel Frama case has arrived!!! - REVIEW within the Motorola Xoom Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; It arrived this afternoon in the standard Piel Frama box, wrapped like a fine silk scarf. Noticed immediately is the high quality leather, smooth and ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My Piel Frama case has arrived!!! - REVIEW

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times

My Piel Frama case has arrived!!! - REVIEW

It arrived this afternoon in the standard Piel Frama box, wrapped like a fine silk scarf.

Noticed immediately is the high quality leather, smooth and supple to the touch, with a slight scent of fine Italian shoes. The very small amount of stitching on the back length joint is straight and flawless. The rest of the case consists of completely smooth leather, no sharp corners, no attachments or stitching – just pure leather. The corners of the case are rounded, keeping in line with the curves of the Xoom. The lining is all leather, embossed with a pattern of tiny Piel Frama font. It’s gorgeous and reeks of class.

The Xoom slips into the case secured by a minimal, rigid railing (all leather) surrounding the Xoom border beginning about two inches from the top. It’s nice and snug and secures the Xoom well while being unobtrusive. There is an opening in the “rail” on the bottom, slightly longer than the area containing the connection points. The top cover of the case has a rigid tab (part of the top) that fits precisely in the same area, completely covering the bottom of the Xoom when closed. I do not have a dock so I cannot determine if the dock would accommodate this case, although it is very sleek and adds very little bulk. It does not seem any bulkier than when I had a Moto gel case installed.

With the case closed the connections are covered. For charging, opening the cover slightly about ” will allow connections. Works just fine.

There are generous cutouts on the back, allowing unencumbered access to the power button, lens, and speakers, as well as the headphone jack. Other than the cutouts there are only two spots exposed – about two inches on each upper edge (the area of the volume up/down buttons, but on each side). Link to photos below.

The cover is easily turned back “easel” style and is "free-standing." Personally, I prefer using the collapsible stands I have been using all along – the case is sleek enough that it does not add bulk and the top easily flips over, out of the way.

All the above “cutout” edges are completely wrapped in leather – there are NO raw cuts or edges which is the beauty of all PF products. All their cases are made by PF in Spain.

The overall footprint is extremely slim, sleek and elegant – perfect for anyone wanting a minimalist, classy case. Multiple colors available. Highly recommended.

This is not my first Piel Frama product but it is my first case for the Xoom. I couldn't be happier! I purchased from a known vendor online for far less than direct from Piel Frama. Below is a link to the various photos of the tan version for easier viewing of features:

Motorola Xoom cases PIEL FRAMA
    Last edited by Skydog; 05-18-2011 at 11:36 PM.
    Xoom 4G LTE and I HATE the typing lag on this forum!

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the detailed review...been waiting for this case for a few weeks now but it appeared to keep getting delayed. Glad to hear the case is shipping. Do you mind telling me the online vendor you purchased from? Thanks.
    Last edited by jlstee; 05-18-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlstee View Post
    Thanks for the detailed review...been waiting for this case for a few weeks now but it appeared to keep getting delayed. Glad to hear the case is shipping. Do you mind telling me the online vendor you purcashed from? Thanks.
    My pleasure. I purchased from cases.com for this case and several others over the past eight years. They even answer the phone during business hours. The reason for the delay was that the initial production run revealed a problem with alignment of the cutouts and the speakers. Their quality assurance people discarded the entire batch and they had to start over. I received emails with photographs directly from Piel Frama explaining the problem. All is well now.
    Last edited by Skydog; 05-18-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I received my case today as well, and I have to second everything SkyDog stated in his review. Beautiful review SkyDog.

This case is fantastic. The fact that these are handmade is one thing, but really seeing and holding the quality is another. Well worth the price.

I ordered direct from PF, and have been communicating with them for several weeks now. They've been responsive and helpful in their emails, solid customer service supporting a fantastic product.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachXoom View Post
    I received my case today as well, and I have to second everything SkyDog stated in his review. Beautiful review SkyDog.

This case is fantastic. The fact that these are handmade is one thing, but really seeing and holding the quality is another. Well worth the price.

I ordered direct from PF, and have been communicating with them for several weeks now. They've been responsive and helpful in their emails, solid customer service supporting a fantastic product.
    Happy you are pleased -- enjoy your new case!

Oh, btw - I'm a she, not a he.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Happy you are pleased -- enjoy your new case!

Oh, btw - I'm a she, not a he.
    Well, if I'm good at one thing, it's sticking my foot in my mouth! My apologies!!!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Had one and returned it quickly as the color started fade. Stiching poorly done.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachXoom View Post
    Well, if I'm good at one thing, it's sticking my foot in my mouth! My apologies!!!
    NO apologies necessary. LOL

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texasandroid View Post
    Had one and returned it quickly as the color started fade. Stiching poorly done.
    That's interesting. The first ones just started shipping this week. And I will have to disagree with your assessment. I've had six PF cases over the last eight years and all of them are of the same excellent quality and craftsmanship. In fact, my oldest one still looks new.

Trolls out this evening?

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texasandroid View Post
    Judging by your only other post on the forum, I'm going to assume that your statement may not be based on your actual experience with a PF product.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads