• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Skype 2.5 for Honeycomb- RELEASED! :)

This is a discussion on Skype 2.5 for Honeycomb- RELEASED! :) within the Motorola Xoom Apps forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; News from: Engadget "Oh, sorry, we're talking about Android devices here. Specifically ones that support video calling over Skype . With the update to version ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Wink Skype 2.5 for Honeycomb- RELEASED! :)

News from: Engadget

"Oh, sorry, we're talking about Android devices here. Specifically ones that support video calling over Skype. With the update to version 2.5, the VoIP service has tacked on another 14 Goog-powered gadgets to its list of officially supported handsets and tablets. Yes, that's right, we said tablets. In addition to bringing support to phones like the Atrix, Bionic and Nexus One, Skype is inviting the Xoom, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Acer's Iconia to the party. We've even received reports that video calls are working on other Honeycomb slates like the ASUS Transformer. You'll find the full list of officially supported devices in the PR after the break."

I know I've been waiting on this like FOREVER! Just update in the Market Place.

PR

Skype 2.5 for Android adds more supported handsets and enhanced video experience

Today we are pleased to announce that with Skype 2.5 for Android, we are whitelisting video support for an additional 14 Android devices. This brings the total number of white listed devices for video calling to an exciting 41. Now Skype video calling will also be available by default on several Motorola Devices including the Atrix 2.5 or Xoom 2.5. Download the updated Skype for Android app from the Android Market or Skype.com/m using your Android phone's browser or just scan the QR code below.

With Skype 2.5 for Android, the list of Android devices we've added Skype video support for include:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    HTC Nexus One
    HTC Shooter
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Live with Walkman
    Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V
    LG Optimus Black
    LG Optimus 3D
    LG Optimus 2x
    Motorola Photon
    Motorola Droid 3
    Motorola Bionic
    Motorola Xoom
    Motorola Atrix
    Acer Iconia

For a full list of supported devices for video calling, please visit Android Market.

The Skype 2.5 for Android update also brings you further video enhancements. You can now switch between portrait and landscape mode during video calls, and zoom in with a simple double tap on the screen.

We also improved support for bluetooth headsets and included a number of bug fixes and performance enhancements, which should further boost the user experience of Skype for Android on your phone.

In addition, as with our recent Mac and iOS update, there will be an advertising platform introduced in this new release. Advertising will not be shown to users that have Skype Credit, a Calling or Skype Premium subscription.

If you have any questions or want to leave feedback, please take advantage of the new Skype Support. We hope you enjoy the update!

Make sure you have Skype Version 2.5.0.108, When it starts go into the Settings and Enable Video Calling, It should be working if you follow these steps.
    Last edited by Bage881; 09-29-2011 at 12:01 PM.
    Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.

- Earl Nightingal

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just tested it and it works perfectly! (non-rooted wifi xoom on 3.2) Just make sure to go into settings and enable video calling.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah, I just tested it with my aunt...It works perfectly! Video is clear, Audio is clear.
    Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.

- Earl Nightingal

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    working here too. from my xoom to a coworkers ipad2.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    238 times
    Twitter
    RayHodge02
    Ok sounds good downloading now..

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What I don't get though is why the video and audio quality of Skype trumps that of Google's native Google Talk

- Earl Nightingal

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's not working for me. MZ605 (Xoom Wifi + 3G) rooted and upgraded to 3.2.

Any idea on what should I look to fix?
    Thanks,
    Rodrigo.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilves View Post
    It's not working for me. MZ605 (Xoom Wifi + 3G) rooted and upgraded to 3.2.

Any idea on what should I look to fix?
    Thanks,
    Rodrigo.
    Make sure you have Skype Version 2.5.0.108, When it starts go into the Settings and Enable Video Calling, It should be working if you follow these steps.

- Earl Nightingal

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bage881 View Post
    Yep I found it! Working. Thanks!

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have MZ604 up-to-date with version 3.1. Skype v 2.5.0.108. No video. No Enable Video Calling in Settings.

[Edit: OK I found it. The Enable Video Calling is in the settings in the Skype app NOT in the general Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Skype]
    Last edited by MichaelinCanada; 09-29-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads