• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Skype Videochat working

This is a discussion on Skype Videochat working within the Motorola Xoom Apps forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hey guys, been lurking for a while. First post. Thought it was worth mentioning I updated Skype today and beyond fixing a log-in bug (which ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Skype Videochat working

Hey guys, been lurking for a while. First post.

Thought it was worth mentioning I updated Skype today and beyond fixing a log-in bug (which was driving me nuts) they incorporated video chat support.
    First thing I got was a message saying even though skype was not "optimized" for my tablet, I could now use videochat.

Made a couple of test calls, and though short, video seemed to work very well. Camera gives you the option of On/Off (duh) but you can also toggle front or back camera.

Overall I am very excited this is finally working, as skype app before this update was... rudimentary at best. Anyone else care to share their experience with this update?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    238 times
    Twitter
    RayHodge02
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaf View Post

Thought it was worth mentioning I updated Skype today and beyond fixing a log-in bug (which was driving me nuts) they incorporated video chat support.
    First thing I got was a message saying even though skype was not "optimized" for my tablet, I could now use videochat.

Made a couple of test calls, and though short, video seemed to work very well. Camera gives you the option of On/Off (duh) but you can also toggle front or back camera.

Overall I am very excited this is finally working, as skype app before this update was... rudimentary at best. Anyone else care to share their experience with this update?
    Welcome to the forum I love the skype over oovoo skype is much clearer better sound

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the heads up!!

I had to go in to app world and click on the app since it wasn't showing an upgrade (not sure about the new app world with updates now). Anyway clicked on skype, clicked the update. Got the same...not configured for your device. Enabled it and sah-weet. We have video chat back with skype again. Nice to have an option if you're trying to talk to someone who isn't on gchat.
    Thanks!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaf View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jagermeister3 View Post
    I had to go in to app world and click on the app since it wasn't showing an upgrade (not sure about the new app world with updates now). Anyway clicked on skype, clicked the update. Got the same...not configured for your device. Enabled it and sah-weet. We have video chat back with skype again. Nice to have an option if you're trying to talk to someone who isn't on gchat.
    Thanks!
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Twitter
    jblalock77
    Welcome to the forum.
    Remember: It's not really yours until you've voided the warranty.
    "Battle not with trolls, lest ye become a troll; and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you."
    Friedrich Nietzsche: A Dynamic Translation

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Can you host a conference call with more than one caller? I normally do from my PC but I seem to have trouble locating that option with my new xoom.

thanks,
    Duke

Remove Ads

Ads