• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Pocket Informant, Amazon Free app of the day, regular price $9.99.

This is a discussion on Pocket Informant, Amazon Free app of the day, regular price $9.99. within the Motorola Xoom Apps forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Pocket Informant is an integrated calendaring and GTD-based tasks solution for Android. It fuses together best-of-class calendaring and task management utilities into one great solution. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pocket Informant, Amazon Free app of the day, regular price $9.99.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2219 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308

Pocket Informant, Amazon Free app of the day, regular price $9.99.

Pocket Informant is an integrated calendaring and GTD-based tasks solution for Android. It fuses together best-of-class calendaring and task management utilities into one great solution. No matter how you like to manage your day-to-day activities and juggle appointments, meetings, events, and items on your to-do list, Pocket Informant can help. With robust features that are all fully customizable, you may wonder how you ever survived without Pocket Informant.

View events for an entire monthManage your daily activities easilyFull-Featured Calendar App
    Pocket Informant delivers a full-featured events management solution that is integrated with Android Calendar plus a separate PI Calendar. Pocket Informant makes it easy to focus on everything you do in a day, from grocery shopping and meal planning to work meetings, doctor appointments, and everything in between.

Easy to Use and Manage
    To get started, Pocket Informant offers templates for entering events and tasks. The configurable event and task edit dialogs can be displayed or hidden. You can add items to one or all of your Android calendars. To see upcoming tasks and events, you can access the day, week, or month view.

Search and Sync
    The Pocket Informant app uses the Android Calendar Database and syncs with Google Task and the powerful to-do list manager, Toodledo. Searching for a particular event or task couldn't be easier with the pre-made filters that allow you to quickly find active, due, undated, overdue, and completed tasks. The app also delivers search and notifications integration with standard Android services.

Fully Customizable
    Pocket Informant offers a highly configurable interface with more than 100 different customization options. To easily see what's on your calendar with a quick glance, Pocket Informant gives you the ability to assign colors to each individual event or task, category, calendar, different task statuses, as well as your work and free days, and more. You can also adjust the automatic functions, like the option to auto-delete tasks on completion or after a certain period of time.

GTD and Getting Things Done are registered trademarks of the David Allen Company. Pocket Informant and WebIS are not affiliated with or endorsed by the David Allen Company.

Amazon.com: Pocket Informant: Appstore for Android
    joeymac likes this.

Note 3 - PAC-man 4.4.4
    LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Thanks for the tip....
    I just downloaded this free app, its awsome.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just downloaded it

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Grabbed it a couple of hours ago. Looks really good. Already I see it does some stuff wit hthe calendar (color-coding) that I've been looking for. Seems like a fairly deep app.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    This is the best calendar management app for the Xoom and Android bar NONE! I have been using PI since Pocket PC and early WinMo days and it leaves others in the dust. The UI on Honeycomb is stunning. It's a bargain at the regular price and today it's free. WIN-WIN!

Highly recommended!
    ggrant3876 likes this.
    Xoom 4G LTE and I HATE the typing lag on this forum!

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Neat. Just got it too. People were complaining the amazon version won't sync with Google calendar though?

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by razorseal View Post
    Neat. Just got it too. People were complaining the amazon version won't sync with Google calendar though?

NO, NO -- NOT true! It works beautifully on Android. The ONE current exception is the Kindle Fire. The Fire has no native Android Calendar and therefore nothing for PI to sync with as it does not have the option for a direct login to Google Calendars. Oddly, there IS the option to manual setup a login for Google Tasks, however.

I should add that Fire users CAN alternatively use the default PI calendar but it kind of defeats the purpose.

I received a response from the developer that they are considering a future update to add a manual/direct login to Google calendars, but it may be a while before it is done. Fire owners (me included) are out of luck for the moment. Sure hope they update soon -- I cannot bear being without it on my Fire!
    Last edited by Skydog; 12-07-2011 at 03:53 PM.
    Xoom 4G LTE and I HATE the typing lag on this forum!

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Just a quick question, iam in the UK will the amazon free app work here?

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I think the Amazon free app only works for those of us in the US.
    Sent from Teletraan I
    Sent from Teletraan I.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    NO, NO -- NOT true! It works beautifully on Android. The ONE current exception is the Kindle Fire. The Fire has no native Android Calendar and therefore nothing for PI to sync with as it does not have the option for a direct login to Google Calendars. Oddly, there IS the option to manual setup a login for Google Tasks, however.

I should add that Fire users CAN alternatively use the default PI calendar but it kind of defeats the purpose.

I received a response from the developer that they are considering a future update to add a manual/direct login to Google calendars, but it may be a while before it is done. Fire owners (me included) are out of luck for the moment. Sure hope they update soon -- I cannot bear being without it on my Fire!
    we have a fire too, but I don't think my gf will ever care about syncing it with her google calendar. lol

Ads