• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Newbie App Questions

This is a discussion on Newbie App Questions within the Motorola Xoom Apps forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I'm new to tablets and do not use a cell phone so am dense when it comes to apps for my new Xoom. So here ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By NewAge
  • 1 Post By Penway

Thread: Newbie App Questions

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Newbie App Questions

I'm new to tablets and do not use a cell phone so am dense when it comes to apps for my new Xoom. So here are some newbie questions...

1) Where is the best place to get them? Google Play?
    2) How do I know if an app will work on the Xoom?
    3) What's this scary-sounding stuff about giving them "permissions"... a box popped up when I tried to download one and it wanted me to okay stuff like permission to change or erase my SD card and things like that?
    4) I can't view shows on Hulu because it says I need a Flash Player. I searched on Google Play and saw about fifty of them. Which one should I get?
    5) What kind of ebooks can I read on this thing? Is there a Kindle app? or Epub?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    ROMs
    1 Submitted
    1) Google Play store is not the Only place to get apps but is where I go 99% of the time. There is app brain and a few other aftermarket. I would also get Amazon appstore which has a free app everyday!
    2) It will usually say if there is some major incompatability issues. I just install it and if it works then it works, if not then its deleted.
    3) I don't worry too much about permissions. I do research though and read the comments and make sure there isn't anything suspiscious. there are others who may disagree with this approach
    4)There are links to download the flash.apk. Google it or search here, ggrant has posted it
    5)There is a kindle app, and the Play books app with books available to purchase in the play store. Also B&N app
    cazza and ggrant3876 like this.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAge View Post
    1) Google Play store is not the Only place to get apps but is where I go 99% of the time. There is app brain and a few other aftermarket. I would also get Amazon appstore which has a free app everyday!
    2) It will usually say if there is some major incompatability issues. I just install it and if it works then it works, if not then its deleted.
    3) I don't worry too much about permissions. I do research though and read the comments and make sure there isn't anything suspiscious. there are others who may disagree with this approach
    4)There are links to download the flash.apk. Google it or search here, ggrant has posted it
    5)There is a kindle app, and the Play books app with books available to purchase in the play store. Also B&N app
    You are Super! Thank you so much!
    soulstlr likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads