• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Amazon Appstore Anoyance

This is a discussion on Amazon Appstore Anoyance within the Motorola Xoom Apps forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I'm starting to wonder if it is actually worth the hassle. I installed it on the day Angry Birds Rio came out, but even though ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    dvdcatalyst

Thumbs up Amazon Appstore Anoyance

I'm starting to wonder if it is actually worth the hassle.
    I installed it on the day Angry Birds Rio came out, but even though I haven't used it since, pretty much every single day a new update for the Amazon Appstore has been released, and its getting old.

Dear Amazon, I have known you since you started, but please get your act together on this Appstore thing.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm thrilled with it. The updates don't bother me. The free app a day thing is fantastic and the review system is generally better. Plus it ties into amazon where I do 90% of my shopping anyway. And I can install it on all my devices (even ones that google won't allow with Market) and get all those free apps everywhere since it keeps a log of all the apps I've "bought" free or otherwise. It makes it really easy to setup a new device or one that has been restored.

I couldn't be happier.

Matt

Agent Xoom
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Huh ... I haven't had that issue on mine. I am guessing the update didn't install properly? I am delighted that there is another app option besides the Market.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I am majorly disappointed with the Amazon app store.

I tried to log in with my DroidX and had nothing but problems with it. Tried to get the free SwiftKey and it kept telling me I had to add a form of payment to my 1 click to download a free app. Plus..... I already have a credit card attached to that account that I have been using for years with no issues.

I ended up deciding it just wasn't worth the hassle and paid 1.99 for SwiftKey from the regular Droid marketplace..

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by First_Avenger View Post

I tried to log in with my DroidX and had nothing but problems with it. Tried to get the free SwiftKey and it kept telling me I had to add a form of payment to my 1 click to download a free app. Plus..... I already have a credit card attached to that account that I have been using for years with no issues.

I ended up deciding it just wasn't worth the hassle and paid 1.99 for SwiftKey from the regular Droid marketplace..
    I've been using Amazon for years, and they never had any issues accepting payments, but just the daily update for the store app is something I just dont like. It seems to me that they are using the update part to keep reminding you that it is there.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    It uses too many resources IMO however I do like the selection. I just kill the application (like I do with many others) when I first boot my Xoom.
    "Putting all of these textual elements together, we find that they guarantee the individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation." - USSC Justice Antonin Scalia

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    I've only gotten one update to it since Rio ...
    Bensode
    Debian, XOOM & Droid Enthusiast

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by First_Avenger View Post

I have the same problem, has any one solved it? Contacting Amazon support was rather useless

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    The store is new so I am not surprised they are updating it frequently. I would expect them to become less frequent once it is more mature.

I always check the Amazon store first. I find it is cheaper than the Market sometimes (besides the free app of the day) since the apps can't be priced in EUR or GBP. I bought some app off there for $1.99 that was $3.14 on the market. I also have never cared much for Google Checkout so the fact that the payments go through amazon is a plus for me also. I have had a problem with Google Checkout in the past and the response from them was pretty much tough luck, your loss.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Getsome_122
    just dont ever delete it off your device because if you do your apps wont work anymore.....

i have gotten a few of the free apps but will never buy anything from it as long as your apps working is dependent on you having their app installed on your device as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads