• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

WOW! The last post here was mine in April. Anyone venture to help me Root 4.1.2

This is a discussion on WOW! The last post here was mine in April. Anyone venture to help me Root 4.1.2 within the Motorola Xoom Apps forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I have always thought I wanted to root my Xoom. I've had it many years and it's a tough nut. Been dropped so many times ...

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    All a Twitter!

WOW! The last post here was mine in April. Anyone venture to help me Root 4.1.2

I have always thought I wanted to root my Xoom. I've had it many years and it's a tough nut. Been dropped so many times I lost count, spent some time in the rain. I understand that rooting has become fairly less serious than in the old days.

I have tried to start by downloading Android Studio, which says it's going to take several hours???? Is that right? I know I"m DSL but I've always had fairly easy downloads. Says it's 1.9G download. At about 320k per second avg. Seem right?

So is this the way or is there an easier. It's the 4.1.2 and I cannot remember ... is that Jelly Bean. Well I see a number viewing here but I'd appreciate greatly any recommendations.

What got this started? I wanted to use and app that completely shuts down the tablet and it says it must be rooted .... and I ain't. THANKS much! jack

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    All a Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliany View Post
    Have you tried another root toolbox? I used Odin before, it works great for me.
    I will surely give that a looksee. Thanks. My only reservation is paying for something that I don't know will work or that I could get it to work. I haven't had much luck so far and I've been foolin' around with PC's since 1987 and consider myself above the average user. Worked through many issues over the years but for some reason I can't get onto this rooting thing. Thanks again! Jack ":-Dx

Remove Ads

Ads