• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

QuickOffice HD - is it worth it?

This is a discussion on QuickOffice HD - is it worth it? within the Motorola Xoom Apps forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I thought about sticking this in a separate post than the code one...apologies if this question has been asked already. I am a university (college) ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    james_cull

QuickOffice HD - is it worth it?

I thought about sticking this in a separate post than the code one...apologies if this question has been asked already.

I am a university (college) student and I'm hopefully going to purchase the XOOM when it comes out in the UK this Saturday. I stumbled across QuickOffice HD a few days ago whilst having a scout around and I was going to use this mainly to take notes in lectures along with viewing PDF's (I've got quite a few eBooks). I was basically wondering how good is this application and whether it's worth shelling out 9 for it (even with 40% off...)

I like the idea it syncs to Google Docs (of which I am a great fan) so all my notes will be ready to view when I get home, and it certainly looks good on paper. But for the people who've actually got it: how functional is the program with regards to note-making and document editing? Are there any other alternatives which are better (and of course, optimized for Honeycomb)?

I'm always a bit skeptical of website reviews, I would prefer to hear from someone who has actually bought the app and is impartial.

Thanks for your help in advance!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Twitter
    @dimitri407
    If this is for college work or business work than the Quickoffice Pro HD is definitely needed.

Technician X
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    I found word lacking. Maybe I didn't give it much chance though. The tab button wasn't even functioning and there we no formatting options I could see

sent from my segway on the pier

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Take a look here: Comparison of three major Office Apps [Updated 04/01] - xda-developers.

There's a pretty good comparison of three of the Android Office Suites.

BTW I am "rlrbjr" on that thread. Let me know if you have any questions about any of the three listed since I have them all (DocumentsToGo, QuickOffice HD and Smart Office).

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    james_cull
    Fantastic, thanks for that. I think I am going to get it...it does seem worth it and I may as well take advantage of the 40% off offer at the moment!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    398 times
    Twitter
    XoomForum
    You guys seen this video yet?

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Twitter
    ChrisFrontRoyal
    The comparison chart below does not include Office Suite Pro, which in my opinion is better than any of the three mentioned. What's more, there is a 30 day free trial of the full product on the Market, the only ones to offer that, which shows their confidence in their product. Why not take advantage of that?

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I too am curious about OfficeSuite Pro. Anybody use it with success on Xoom ?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyp12 View Post
    I too am curious about OfficeSuite Pro. Anybody use it with success on Xoom ?
    Just downloaded the trial. Seems pretty good. I loaded an excel spread sheet and word doc (created with Office 2007). It loaded the text fine but didn't load the figures I had drawn with the drawing tools. Pictures that I imported worked. The excel file showed up nicely, including the charts I had made. I haven't played around with editing or viewing of powerpoint files.

All of these guys should offer a trial, only makes sense since all of them have document compatibility issues.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I like the QuickOffice HD and I bought it but it doesn't seem to be 100% compatible with all the documents out there (I don't think any are, though). I have a word document on Google Docs where I can't see the text in QO and a spreadsheet where the (very simple) formulas don't work. Of course none of that would be an issue if I had originated the docs in QO but they originated from Google Docs. Hopefully that improves in subsequent releases. The integration between cloud services and the file system on the device is really great though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads