• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

HBO Go

This is a discussion on HBO Go within the Motorola Xoom Apps forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Has anyone had any luck with the new HBO Go service? I have an HBO subscription, but couldn't sign in because the sign-in screen seemed ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO Go

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

HBO Go

Has anyone had any luck with the new HBO Go service? I have an HBO subscription, but couldn't sign in because the sign-in screen seemed frozen.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor811 View Post
    Has anyone had any luck with the new HBO Go service? I have an HBO subscription, but couldn't sign in because the sign-in screen seemed frozen.
    Able to sign-in and browse selections but vids inoperative on my Xoom... Working ok on my Imac

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Did you use the stock browser or Dolphin? I had the same problem with Dolphin (couldn't enter login), but I was able to login just fine using the stock browser. I just clicked around the different options without trying to select a video. I will do that test when I am home on my network (instead of using my phone's data plan).

Update 4/21: Was able to watch "Game of Thrones" last night (Season 1, episode 1) as well as part of another show. I experienced issues with getting the video to start (would tap screen, and the play icon would appear/disappear before I could tap it, would take several attempts to get it to start), and also with quality. I noticed that the WiFi signal was also going up/down randomly so I am sure that was what was causing the quality issues. Otherwise, it is still pretty cool to watch HBO on a mobile device. Way to go HBO!!!!
    Last edited by lowboydrvr; 04-21-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Where are you finding the app or apk? I've searched for it and can't find it.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Where are you finding the app or apk? I've searched for it and can't find it.
    I used stock browser, googled HBO GO to visit the site, registered at the site, the process cycled me through my cable provider (cox Communication) log-in and then back to HBO-GO. It looks like you need a pre-existing account with HBO .

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Twitter
    ChrisFrontRoyal
    Yes, you have to be an existing HBO subscriber. I am, but I haven't tried it yet. I thought it wasn't going to be available for a few days.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisonline View Post
    Yes, you have to be an existing HBO subscriber. I am, but I haven't tried it yet. I thought it wasn't going to be available for a few days.
    Looks like May

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I was able to get it working on the stock browser. But its like an art in getting it to play videos. You have to put it into full screen mode and double tap on the video and play icon... The video plays great when you get it working. But like what's already been stated, an app will be out soon so we won't have to go through the stock browser.
    Last edited by treyatl2006; 04-21-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by treyatl2006 View Post
    I was able to get it working on the stock browser. But its an like art in getting it to play videos. You have to put it into full screen mode and double tap on the video and play icon... The video plays great when you get it working. But like what's already been stated, an app will be out soon so we won't have to go through the stock browser.
    Got it to work but the picture is grainy and pixilated hope this is improved or that I'm doing something wrong othwise Its a no go for me.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by redshift1 View Post
    Got it to work but the picture is grainy and pixilated hope this is improved or that I'm doing something wrong othwise Its a no go for me.
    Wasn't pixelted for me...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads