• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

TweetComb -- A Twitter client optimized for your Honeycomb tablet

This is a discussion on TweetComb -- A Twitter client optimized for your Honeycomb tablet within the Motorola Xoom Apps forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Version 1.13 of TweetComb has been published to the Android Market. It includes: -- Revert back to OAuth for Twitter auth. -- Use rounded corner ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: TweetComb -- A Twitter client optimized for your Honeycomb tablet

App Developer

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    chrisstewart
    Version 1.13 of TweetComb has been published to the Android Market. It includes:

-- Revert back to OAuth for Twitter auth.
    -- Use rounded corner images from Friend Me, in TweetComb.
    -- Fixed the built-in web view from a scrolling issue.
    -- Catch rate exceeded message from Twitter and handle gracefully.
    -- Shows a dialog if TweetComb is opened and no network is found.
    -- Will let you continue if you want, or close the app without causing a force close.
    -- The tweet options button has a larger hit radius.
    -- On the favorites fragment (general and profile), provide an option to remove favorite.

The major point of this release is to adjust for the new authentication required to access direct message from Twitter after June 30th. What TweetComb does to accommodate this is to clean out it's database when you load up this version of the app. It will clear out the saved account with TweetComb and ask you to re-authenticate. Unfortunately, because of the way Twitter handled this transition, that's the only way to do it.
    Last edited by Chris Stewart; 06-20-2011 at 07:13 PM.
    Founder, Locomo Labs - http://locomolabs.com - @locomolabs

SocialBlast (FREE -- Phone/Tablet) - Quickly and easily update your social networks.
    Friend Me (FREE -- Honeycomb Optimized) - A tablet-optimized experience for Facebook.
    TweetComb (FREE -- Honeycomb Optimized) - A Twitter client optimized for your Honeycomb tablet.
    Newsr (FREE -- Honeycomb Optimized) - A Google Reader client optimized for your Honeycomb tablet.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    eddiect
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stewart View Post
    There isn't currently, but I'm planning out some UI enhancements to TweetComb which may accommodate more casual use cases of the app. I want to keep it useful for the power users (multiple lists and active searches, etc) but also easier to digest for users who simply want to view a timeline and perhaps their mentions. Stay tuned.
    Awesome!!

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Just added TweetComb to my new XOOM... While it worked fine for a bit, now anytime I open it, it wants to force close on me. Only went through the last couple pages of this thread, so don't know if this's a known issue...
    LG Optimus V - Android 2.2
    Xoom - Android 3.2 running Tiamat 2.1 Hammerhead - 1.4 GHz OC'd

App Developer

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    chrisstewart
    Release 1.14 is now available on the Android Market. It's purpose was to address some of the stability issues discovered recently. I'm working on a larger release which will provide more functionality and design changes.

Release 1.14 - 7/1/11
    - BUG: OutOfMemory exceptions happening because of the image caching.
    - BUG: Can’t add multiple accounts.

SocialBlast (FREE -- Phone/Tablet) - Quickly and easily update your social networks.
    Friend Me (FREE -- Honeycomb Optimized) - A tablet-optimized experience for Facebook.
    TweetComb (FREE -- Honeycomb Optimized) - A Twitter client optimized for your Honeycomb tablet.
    Newsr (FREE -- Honeycomb Optimized) - A Google Reader client optimized for your Honeycomb tablet.

App Developer

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    chrisstewart
    Version 1.15 - Released 7/9/11

- Native RT support. Note: this will happen for tweets that arrive after the update. If you want your existing tweets to have this support, you'll need to clear the application's local data on your device manually.
    - Handled a failed Twitter authorization process better. Now shows a dialog describing what to do to correct the problem, won’t let the application force close.
    - BUG: Reimplemented conversation view to follow the trail of reply statuses.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    great app chris!

my only complaint is the limit of saved 3 searches on the search tab. i follow more than 3 hashtags

will you be increasing the limit in a future release? other than that, the app is great.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Remove Ads

Ads