• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Google Music Beta

This is a discussion on Google Music Beta within the Motorola Xoom Apps forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; anyone else w/me...not in love w/google music, easier, faster, and more convenient to just have the files transfered over onto my xoom by usb cable....

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Google Music Beta

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    anyone else w/me...not in love w/google music, easier, faster, and more convenient to just have the files transfered over onto my xoom by usb cable.
    bensode likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmontoya View Post
    anyone else w/me...not in love w/google music, easier, faster, and more convenient to just have the files transfered over onto my xoom by usb cable.
    I can only imagine that you're saying this because the sync process took/takes such a long time? But, the benefits of having all of my music in the cloud are outstanding. At a friend's place and want to hear a song? It's online. Didn't sync it to your Droid X or Xoom? No worries....it's in the cloud. I have about 15,000 songs ripped at high quality; the Xoom was never able to hold all of them at once. Now, it 'can'.
    ksmontoya likes this.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Your right The convenience of having all 15k songs accessible IS awesome. I keep a harddrive at work and a harddrive at home w/1500+ albums for this same reason, google music does solve that. I think if my music cloud locker would let me download individual files back to any pc I am at I would like it better.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Your right The convenience of having all 15k songs accessible IS awesome. I keep a harddrive at work and a harddrive at home w/1500+ albums for this same reason, google music does solve that. I think if my music cloud locker would let me download individual files back to any pc I am at I would like it better.
    But, here's the beauty: Google Music DOES do this. Add the song to a playlist and you can configure the music player to make those songs available offline (i.e. - to download them).

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Your right, but its not accessible to me as an individual file that I can email to someone else or perhaps put on someone else music player, like my moms ipod or something like that.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Music is copy righted and shouldn't be mailed to somone else anyway. Once I have uploaded all my music, I will be able to listen from my pc, xoom or droid. That is very cool to me. I purchase all of my music so maybe it just works better that way. I still have a copy of all my music on an external drive so I'm not sure what the issue would be? I buy new music and put it on my external drive then if I want to I upload it to google for total access.
    Last edited by donnie666; 05-24-2011 at 08:23 AM.
    Xoom- HC Rooted and Over-clocked @ 1604 2.2.2 Tiamat Moray

Droid Bionic - Rooted and Free Hotspot

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by donnie666 View Post
    Music is copy righted and shouldn't be mailed to somone else anyway. Once I have uploaded all my music, I will be able to listen from my pc, xoom or droid. That is very cool to me. I purchase all of my music so maybe it just works better that way.
    Not looking for lectures, just saying why it doesnt work for me.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    I have to imagine that once its been downloaded to your machine, you could retrieve the file and email it to someone. Another alternative is to enable server access to your file server at home so you can do that (something I've also done in case I want the hard file somewhere). Lastly, you might try dropbox. It allows you to share files.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by donnie666 View Post
    Music is copy righted and shouldn't be mailed to somone else anyway. Once I have uploaded all my music, I will be able to listen from my pc, xoom or droid. That is very cool to me. I purchase all of my music so maybe it just works better that way. I still have a copy of all my music on an external drive so I'm not sure what the issue would be? I buy new music and put it on my external drive then if I want to I upload it to google for total access.
    I'm an avid supporter of buy don't download but just thought you might want to carefully consider your words. By that very copyright token it shouldn't be available to all of your devices from a single license and require a separate license for each device. At least that is what the RIAA would love for everyone to do. I bought 1000 records in the 70s, 600 cassettes in the 80s, 500 cds in the 90s and 200 mp3 albums since 1999. See where this model is going ... ?
    Bensode
    Debian, XOOM & Droid Enthusiast

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Agree completely. The beauty of the Xoom is the music I own is on my devices, which is very easy to manage. Another advantage I see is that when the charges for storage begin, I won't have to pay.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads