• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Task Killers... The Answer from Google & Developers

This is a discussion on Task Killers... The Answer from Google & Developers within the Motorola Xoom Apps forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I figured I would chiim in on this thread. I am fairly new to android, but feel like a have a relatively good handle on ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Task Killers... The Answer from Google & Developers

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I figured I would chiim in on this thread. I am fairly new to android, but feel like a have a relatively good handle on the android OS system, however my point may be mute. I lik to conserve battery life just as much as the next person, but my thoughts on this discussion pertain to the use of excess data while said apps are either runing in the background and/or cached. Becausee of this reason is why I would like to A) be able to "exit" and therefore close an app or B) use a task killer. Of course if I had unlimited mobile broadband then I wouldn't be so concerned about "data waste", but I would still be concerned about battery life. Take it is on the noob if there is something i am missing here since not only am I new to the forum, but android as well.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    When the app running in background, will they consume more battery? such as some services may always waiting for events, I guess...

And also I tried some of the task killers, that it seems the task can not be killed completely. It seems android system forbid developers to do so.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like manual handling so i dont like using task killers or whatever, and i grew up with my mother yelling in my ear saying "TURN YOUR BLOODY LIGHTS OFF IF YOUR NOT USING IT!!!lol

ics everest eos-2.0 MZ6013g
    rogue recovery-1.5

apex launcher-1.1.0

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Hmm... the proper solution is for Google to design the OS in such a way that once an app is terminated it STAYS terminated. This is one thing I really hate about Android. Though, as of now, it doesn't seem that Task killers are effective in HC+.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerbrosnm View Post
    I figured I would chiim in on this thread. I am fairly new to android, but feel like a have a relatively good handle on the android OS system, however my point may be mute. I lik to conserve battery life just as much as the next person, but my thoughts on this discussion pertain to the use of excess data while said apps are either runing in the background and/or cached. Becausee of this reason is why I would like to A) be able to "exit" and therefore close an app or B) use a task killer. Of course if I had unlimited mobile broadband then I wouldn't be so concerned about "data waste", but I would still be concerned about battery life. Take it is on the noob if there is something i am missing here since not only am I new to the forum, but android as well.
    Have you thought about disabling background data? It really helps.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    A few weeks ago after going over and reading this thread and some information from it, I stopped using (as a test) any task killer on my Wi-Fi Xoom (Running ICS 4.0.4 NON rooted). It is extremely stable, and will release memory as described when it ( the O/S ) deems it ok to put the task in the background. Battery life is unaffected, and memory quite literally takes care of itself.
    I will tell anyone that asks, after running a myriad of flavors of WinOs's over the years on different machines, it was a leap of faith to let Android have control. It was well woth the leap.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    I hope my experience helps.

Jimmy
    ggrant3876 likes this.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacquiaoragnob View Post
    I like manual handling so i dont like using task killers or whatever, and i grew up with my mother yelling in my ear saying "TURN YOUR BLOODY LIGHTS OFF IF YOUR NOT USING IT!!!lol
    very good example about your mom yelling. That's what android exactly does.....it just turns off the "bloody lights" when not in use, but keeps them around.....it doesn't remove the bulbs from their holders and put them away in the drawer.........lolz.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilong View Post
    very good example about your mom yelling. That's what android exactly does.....it just turns off the "bloody lights" when not in use, but keeps them around.....it doesn't remove the bulbs from their holders and put them away in the drawer.........lolz.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us.

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Ok, an update on my WiFi Xoom. Still not using any task killers. I.C.S. takes care of itself. Memory is always there. Battery life is always there. Leave the task killers off of especially I.C.S.
    I also have an HTC Inspire running GB. I do have a task killer on it, but rarely use it. ICS seems better at handling things, but GB holds it's own. Hope this helps.
    Xoom Wi-fi Stock
    32GB (+32GB Micro SD)
    JB 4.1.2 OTA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads