• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anyone using RepliGo on their Xoom?

This is a discussion on Anyone using RepliGo on their Xoom? within the Motorola Xoom Apps forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; It seems to be the only app available that allows highlighting and annotations on PDFs. I'm not sure I can effectively test its capabilities in ...

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times

Anyone using RepliGo on their Xoom?

It seems to be the only app available that allows highlighting and annotations on PDFs. I'm not sure I can effectively test its capabilities in only 15 minutes.

Any reviews would be greatly appreciated!

RepliGo Reader for Android : Cerience Corporation

Sent from my Xoom!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I scanned a medical book and need the ability to highlight text...but RepliGo would not allow it. I couldn't select text. And it searches for text very very slowly.

It does allow making a "sticky note", but when typing your text into the note, it covers up the whole screen so you can't see the text in the PDF that you'll be adding it to.

I don't recommend this yet. The Xoom still lacks an acceptable note-taking app.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GobbleXoom View Post
    I scanned a medical book and need the ability to highlight text...but Re
    pliGo would not allow it. I couldn't select text. And it searches for text very very slowly.

It does allow making a "sticky note", but when typing your text into the note, it covers up the whole screen so you can't see the text in the PDF that you'll be adding it to.

I don't recommend this yet. The Xoom still lacks an acceptable note-taking app.
    RepliGo works great and is my go-to app now for highlighting and annotating PDFs.
    Last edited by Skydog; 05-30-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Skydog, I have had a different experience. I have been able to easily highlight text and add notes to my pdf files.

The search also works very quickly for me. During the search a list comes up and by tapping on the desired reference the program takes you immediately to the page. This is an excellent product and is worth the $4.99. Especially since there is no other product out there for android that does the same thing.

When adding notes the program places a little note icon in the document. You can then make a selection that shows you all of the notes in the document. Pretty handy.

BTW, I work in a legal field and have large pdf files on my device that I need to search, highlight and place notes in and use this product extensively every day. This has made my work life easier.

Just another opinion from someone who has used this product a ton in the past 2 weeks.
    Current inventory: Moto Droid, Moto Droid2, DroidX and Xoom.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid911 View Post
    Skydog, I have had a different experience. I have been able to easily highlight text and add notes to my pdf files.

The search also works very quickly for me. During the search a list comes up and by tapping on the desired reference the program takes you immediately to the page. This is an excellent product and is worth the $4.99. Especially since there is no other product out there for android that does the same thing.

When adding notes the program places a little note icon in the document. You can then make a selection that shows you all of the notes in the document. Pretty handy.

BTW, I work in a legal field and have large pdf files on my device that I need to search, highlight and place notes in and use this product extensively every day. This has made my work life easier.

Just another opinion from someone who has used this product a ton in the past 2 weeks.
    Many thanks' Droid 911 -- your reply helps tremendously and is precisely what I wanted to know.

Off to the Android market now...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I downloaded and since used Repligo on my Xoom.
    I think performance and features are very good.
    You can search, annotate, add notes and other commonly used functions are available and work really well.
    I am very pleased with my purchase so far.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    EZPDF also allows you to annotate and highlight. It's only $0.99, I picked it up when it was the free app of the day on Amazon.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I happen to be an attorney, assuming that is what Droid911 meant with "legal field"". I am also a business man. Thus, if I am not reviewing pleadings or contracts, I am signing them as an attorney or for one of my businesses. to say the least, annotating pdfs is a necessary tool, who has time to print anymore? Prior to the release of a viable iPad tablet competitor, I was stuck using the iPad. I used a program, iAnnotate. It allowed me to notate, annotate, and sign PDF forms on my iPad digitially. Droid911, if you use the Repligo Program to execute pleadings and reivew and annotate documents, for law and for businesses, is this program a good solution?

One thing that the program must do, is enable those users on PCs to see my annotations or signatures, simply by opening the file using Adobe on their computers. I see in the program description that any Adobe program can open an annotated, by drawing or text, file using Repligo on a PC using Adobe, but I was curious if anyone had any issues with opening Repligo annotated PDFs using Adobe on a PC. Obviously, if there are any issues with PC or MAC users not being able to open annotated documents with this Repligo Program, then buying it is useless.

The final attachment to my "passionately hated" iPad is the ability to annotate and sign PDFs. Just wanted to find out if Repligo could finally release me from my iChain. That way I can also give my iPad to the COO of one of my companies and stop getting asked when I am going to get him an iPad. Two birds, one stone.

Thanks for anyone/everyone's input!

Daniel S.
    Buy, Trade, Rent Xbox, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    No love for a Newbie?

Remove Ads

Ads