• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Volume on ripped DVD's

This is a discussion on Volume on ripped DVD's within the Motorola Xoom Audio forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Extras category; I've had the Xoom a few weeks. I want to watch movies (ripped from DVD's that I own) on trips, particularly on the plane. I ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Volume on ripped DVD's

I've had the Xoom a few weeks. I want to watch movies (ripped from DVD's that I own) on trips, particularly on the plane. I have Bose noise cancelling headphones. I've ripped 5 DVD's using Leawo (trial version) and it is difficult to hear (on the plane) even with the volume set to max. Just in my house the volume is OK when set to max. I've tried other headphones (same problem). When I select music instead of a movie, the volume seems OK with the headsets. Also tried a few other (free) DVD rippers - like WinX DVD. With those, the movie plays fine on my computer, but when transferred to Xoom, they play as if I selected fast-forward! I would buy a DVD ripper is I was sure it would work and that it could make the sound louder. Any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Ads

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeklw View Post
    I've had the Xoom a few weeks. I want to watch movies (ripped from DVD's that I own) on trips, particularly on the plane. I have Bose noise cancelling headphones. I've ripped 5 DVD's using Leawo (trial version) and it is difficult to hear (on the plane) even with the volume set to max. Just in my house the volume is OK when set to max. I've tried other headphones (same problem). When I select music instead of a movie, the volume seems OK with the headsets. Also tried a few other (free) DVD rippers - like WinX DVD. With those, the movie plays fine on my computer, but when transferred to Xoom, they play as if I selected fast-forward! I would buy a DVD ripper is I was sure it would work and that it could make the sound louder. Any suggestions?
    Hi Blaze,

I would suggest to give DVD Catalyst 4 a try.

In order to compensate for different volume levels in different video sources such as DVD and AVI files, DVD Catalyst uses something called "Volume Maximizer", which boosts the volume of all your conversions to a certain louder volume level. With most conversion tools, you have an option to adjust the volume by increasing it using fixed increments, but this doesn't take into account that different audio formats tend to convert at different volume levels. Especially DVDs (AC3 audio) hav a low volume when compared to a conversion of an avi file with mp3 audio. With DVD Catalyst, it doesn't matter what you convert, the volume of all your conversions will be louder and on the same volume level.

For more information on what the volume maximizer does, have a look here:

Volume Enhancement Technology | DVD Catalyst 4, the ultimate app for movies & tv on the go

If you have any questions, I have my own forum section here:

DVD Catalyst

To download a trial version of DVD Catalyst 4, visit the DVD Catalyst 4 | DVD and MKV to Xoom, Playbook, Galaxy Tab, Iconica, iPad2, NOOK, Transformer, Thrive and more. website

Remove Ads

Ads