• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Help Picking The Most Benign Root Method Please

This is a discussion on Help Picking The Most Benign Root Method Please within the Motorola Xoom Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Hacks category; Hi all, no stranger to rooting, adb command lines, clockwork, etc., and can appreciate the easy one click methods however I'm setting up a friends ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Help Picking The Most Benign Root Method Please

Hi all, no stranger to rooting, adb command lines, clockwork, etc., and can appreciate the easy one click methods however I'm setting up a friends brand spanking new out of the box HLK75d and I dont want to leave him hanging on any detail. I've been reading for some time now and can't decide which of the root methods to use. Which one will provide root with the least obtrusive effects, and be able to unroot or simply flash Blackhats recovery image? Should i accept yesterdays update before or after rooting? Opinions on Universal Root vs Solarnz method. Solarnz method does look like the easiest to do. In a quandary here, any opinions would be appreciated, thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by chetqwerty View Post
    Hi all, no stranger to rooting, adb command lines, clockwork, etc., and can appreciate the easy one click methods however I'm setting up a friends brand spanking new out of the box HLK75d and I dont want to leave him hanging on any detail. I've been reading for some time now and can't decide which of the root methods to use. Which one will provide root with the least obtrusive effects, and be able to unroot or simply flash Blackhats recovery image? Should i accept yesterdays update before or after rooting? Opinions on Universal Root vs Solarnz method. Solarnz method does look like the easiest to do. In a quandary here, any opinions would be appreciated, thanks
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us. If you are on 3.2.1 or 3.2.2 there's only one guide, Universal Root. To unroot you simply flash the stock images and relock.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us. If you are on 3.2.1 or 3.2.2 there's only one guide, Universal Root. To unroot you simply flash the stock images and relock.
    Really! Thanks it is 3.2.2. could have sworn Solarnz method was based on 3.2.2. Is it ok to grab the new update after root? Shame no one has come up with a one click yet or something like the Bionics 4everroot as to not have to loose all data. Again, thsnks

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by chetqwerty View Post
    Really! Thanks it is 3.2.2. could have sworn Solarnz method was based on 3.2.2. Is it ok to grab the new update after root? Shame no one has come up with a one click yet or something like the Bionics 4everroot as to not have to loose all data. Again, thsnks
    Yes, there are one click root methods for the Xoom. One click = Brick for the Xoom. If you are 4G there are two kernels you can flash but no roms are compatible with 4G yet. If you're WiFi the Moray 2.2.2 rom is the latest.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Remove Ads

Ads