• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Stuck in "Starting Fastboot protocol support."...

This is a discussion on Stuck in "Starting Fastboot protocol support."... within the Motorola Xoom Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Hacks category; Hello there. I am trying to unlock my Xoom. I am holding the volume down and power button down and my Xoom powers on with ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Stuck in "Starting Fastboot protocol support."...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Stuck in "Starting Fastboot protocol support."...

Hello there. I am trying to unlock my Xoom. I am holding the volume down and power button down and my Xoom powers on with the red M and at the top of the screen it says Starting Fastboot protocol support. However, it just stays there and doesn't change into anything else.

Typing 'fastboot oem unlock' at this point is useless. All I get is a <waiting for device> in my Windows 7 command line. 'adb devices' doesn't show anything either. And, the Xoom is just hanging there in the screen above.

Any suggestions on what might be going on?

Thanks!
    Peter

2. # ADS
    Ads

Newsworthy
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyg View Post
    hello there. I am trying to unlock my xoom. I am holding the volume down and power button down and my xoom powers on with the red m and at the top of the screen it says starting fastboot protocol support. However, it just stays there and doesn't change into anything else.

Typing 'fastboot oem unlock' at this point is useless. All i get is a <waiting for device> in my windows 7 command line. 'adb devices' doesn't show anything either. And, the xoom is just hanging there in the screen above.

Any suggestions on what might be going on?

Thanks!
    Peter
    bricked?
    The opinions above are solely those of a 12 year old hacker who has broken into my account, and not those of my employer or any other organization.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    522 times
    Twitter
    @Steadyhawkin
    ROMs
    4 Submitted
    Unplug the Xoom. Next press and hold volume up and the power button at the same time until the device resets. Let me know what happens next.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So I have no troubles getting into and using the xoom. On normal reset (as mentioned in the previous message) it boots fine into the unlock screen (swiping the lock out to the circle screen) and into my home page. It's just when I power off the xoom and then press the down volume key with the power button to get into fastboot mode does it just stay stuck on the first screen.

If I continue to hold the up volume button while resetting the xoom, I go into a mode that says Starting RSD protocol support 0. The screen also hangs here.

I have done a factory reset on the xoom as well (twice in fact). That didn't seem to help anything either..

btw this xoom was one that was given to me at the Game Developers Conference for attending an Android session. I did not purchase it. However I refuse to believe that the ones they were giving away cannot be used to develop on. I just want to be able to do 'adb push data' like I do on other android devices. I 'would' use (and hope!) that the micro SD card is a location that I can push to.. when it becomes available

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    522 times
    Twitter
    @Steadyhawkin
    ROMs
    4 Submitted
    Have you tried booting into fastboot via command as opposed to using the volume rocker?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    522 times
    Twitter
    @Steadyhawkin
    ROMs
    4 Submitted
    Also your sure you have the correct drivers installed and your in debugging mode correct? Before you command fastboot, when you type adb devices you should get a 16 digit string, if you don't, you have an issue.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have tried booting via command line, same thing happens, it gets stuck on the same screen and does not reboot properly. When typing 'adb devices', I get a 16 number value on the return.

What is difference between going into fastboot mode with the hardware sequence and the command sequence?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Also, aside from pushing data to the zoom, I can create apks and deploy via Eclipse, so I am assuming my drivers are properly set up. Unless I'm missing some important info about driver usage..

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    522 times
    Twitter
    @Steadyhawkin
    ROMs
    4 Submitted
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyg View Post
    I have tried booting via command line, same thing happens, it gets stuck on the same screen and does not reboot properly. When typing 'adb devices', I get a 16 number value on the return.

What is difference between going into fastboot mode with the hardware sequence and the command sequence?
    Did you make sure you have the fastboot file in the path your running commands from?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, fastboot is in the path I am running from. I'm actually running commands from the same dir.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads