• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Titanium Backup

This is a discussion on Titanium Backup within the Motorola Xoom Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Hacks category; Got a question I may cave in and try the ICS ROM but I read a few times you should not or could not backup ...

Thread: Titanium Backup

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Titanium Backup

Got a question I may cave in and try the ICS ROM but I read a few times you should not or could not backup all user apps and system data.

Not sure why this is true if Motorola ever gets around to give us an official update the ROM they push to us will not effect existing Apps and Data.

New OS sounds like wrong reasoning .... it is not totally new it is an update. It is not like going from Windows to Linux.

Just when I do cave in a try the ICS Rom I want as little work as possible.
    3.1 to 3.2 wipe cache, factory reset install Rom.... load everything from Titanium
    3.2 to 4.0 wipe cache, factory reset install Rom.... hope you can load everything from the Market too time consuming and some Apps sideloaded apps will be gone forever.

I would of tried the Rom along time ago but the bit part of the Xoom is the camera.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    You're going to a whole new OS so you don't want restore the honeycomb system data to the ICS rom. As far as I am aware of apps and apps data is fine.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Yup user (downloaded apps) apps should be fine. But never restore system apps. Contacts, bookmarks, router passwords are synced with your google account so once you log in again everything should sync over a few hours. You will lose any Bluetooth pairings as well as some other system preferences.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i have a question re Titanium. when resotoring from backup how do you get apps to install automatically so it dose not stop and asked for permission to install ?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingott77 View Post
    i have a question re Titanium. when resotoring from backup how do you get apps to install automatically so it dose not stop and asked for permission to install ?
    You need the paid version and you select batch restore.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Is there a way to backup a complete image of the tablet in case something goes very wrong and you want to just do a restore like you would with Acronis True Image or something like it for Windows? Or do you have to go through 20 different steps again to get everything back to normal? I just got my tablet rooted and installed Tiamat Xoom Rom 2.2.2 - Moray and all is working nicely so I would like to image the tablet if it is possible.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by happy4ya View Post
    Is there a way to backup a complete image of the tablet in case something goes very wrong and you want to just do a restore like you would with Acronis True Image or something like it for Windows? Or do you have to go through 20 different steps again to get everything back to normal? I just got my tablet rooted and installed Tiamat Xoom Rom 2.2.2 - Moray and all is working nicely so I would like to image the tablet if it is possible.
    That's what CWM does, Titanium backs up your apps, app data and system data. Your CWM is the same as an image on a PC.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    That's what CWM does, Titanium backs up your apps, app data and system data. Your CWM is the same as an image on a PC.
    So if you do the nandroid backup in CWM, technically you have everything and really don't have to do the Titanium backup unless there is something specific you want to back up with Titanium? I won't have anything on mine that I would really worry about losing so it is more of a convenience thing to be able to do a complete restore in one shot and not have to install every little thing and change every setting again from scratch.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by happy4ya View Post
    So if you do the nandroid backup in CWM, technically you have everything and really don't have to do the Titanium backup unless there is something specific you want to back up with Titanium? I won't have anything on mine that I would really worry about losing so it is more of a convenience thing to be able to do a complete restore in one shot and not have to install every little thing and change every setting again from scratch.
    If you flash a new rom you usually have to wipe your Xoom. You would back up your system with CWM in case anything goes bad. But you would need Titanium to reinstall all of your apps and app dsata, if that makes any sense.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Remove Ads

Ads