• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof

This is a discussion on [HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof within the Motorola Xoom Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Hacks category; Hi there, i have been been following these articles recently as I am a noob when I comes to rooting etc, I have managed to ...

Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105
Results 1,041 to 1,043 of 1043
Like Tree360Likes

Thread: [HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi there,

i have been been following these articles recently as I am a noob when I comes to rooting etc, I have managed to unlock bootloader ( I think I have ). Yesterday I followed another article to root my device and it soft bricked so I followed the rookie guide on here to relock and instal to stock, all completed fine but now my wifi in the tablet does not work, worked perfectly fine before I done this and now wifi just says error so I have no internet on it.

please help

i am technically minded so to speak but all this is new to me

thanks
    chris

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am trying to root my xoom. I know it is an old tablet, but I don't have money to buy a new one right now, and I like my xoom! I only want to root because I am still running 4.1.2, and some apps don't work anymore.

What I see on this thread is to download a recovery: D. Download this recovery image(recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm.img) and place it in the "SDK_tools folder" at your PC C:drive: here,
    That file is not there anymore.

Can someone please get me a copy of that recovery??? OR IS there a different recovery image I can use? I am new to this, so bear with me!

Thank you to anyone who can help a girl out here!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question

I was given a Xoom by a family member after it stopped working (they were given this Xoom by a former co-worker).

By 'stopped working', it wouldn't power up or charge at all - I eventually decided to try opening it up to disconnect and reconnect the battery, and which was successful.

Now, I want to get it updated to Android 4.1.2 (this unit had the Canadian firmware originally, but the original owner has always lived here in the US), and I'm having some trouble with the update process.

Part of it is hardware-related (not able to use a 'virtual' Windows installation, on top of its fussiness regarding USB cables).

I'm hoping the new USB cable I picked up will be the answer, but I'm still unhappy that there seems to be no way to upload the images to the Xoom using a Mac (have to use my work PC - not ideal).

Yesterday, I had no difficulty installing the Motorola 'helper' (USB drivers) and setting up the SDK_tools folder with the images - all fine there.

Then, when I went to upload the first of the 4 images, I got an error on the Xoom saying the device was locked.

I then went ahead and inputted the unlock command (is this step missing from post 3?).

Then I followed the rest of the commands (through the final lock step, erasing cache, and rebooting).

All appeared to go well, but once back home, I attempted to update the Xoom, and it says it's already up to date (4.0.3).

Do I need to leave the device 'unlocked'? I just want a stock Xoom running the latest possible version of Android that it can support (4.1.2).

Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105

Remove Ads

Ads