• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof

This is a discussion on [HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof within the Motorola Xoom Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Hacks category; Welcome to the forum Originally Posted by supersquirrel211 what if i have a 4g xoom, but not activated through verizon. in other words i am ...

Page 14 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1043
Like Tree360Likes

Thread: [HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof

  1. #131
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    11318
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,340
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Welcome to the forum

    Quote Originally Posted by supersquirrel211 View Post
    what if i have a 4g xoom, but not activated through verizon. in other words i am just going to use as a wifi only tablet and never sign up my wireless capabilities. do i still need to flash the 4g LTE stingray or do i need to flash the wifi only wingray?


    Either one you can use...no issue.

    If you use wingrya(WiFi only). One day you change your mind to use 3G/4G..it wont be capable.
    again this is a 3/4g tablet but i dont plan on connnecting the wireless. only plan on using as a wifi only tablet. any help is much appreciated,
    I have MZ601 [3G+Wifi] but im using wingray cos im only using wifi at home...no issue

    Hope it help

  2. # ADS
    Ads


  3. #132
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    22121
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    1 times

    thanks

    thank you for responding, it is helpful that you replied. i wasn't sure if the rom was going to be device specific not only the xoom of course but also with the hardware installed. i should have no problems now. i get my xoom tablet tomorrow and i was just reading and learning before i get the tablet that way i will have no problems or questions when i get it. us android hobbyists love to root and fix up our devices as soon as possible so i plan on doing it before anything else



    Quote Originally Posted by Astrix View Post
    Welcome to the forum



    Either one you can use...no issue.

    If you use wingrya(WiFi only). One day you change your mind to use 3G/4G..it wont be capable.


    I have MZ601 [3G+Wifi] but im using wingray cos im only using wifi at home...no issue

    Hope it help
    Astrix likes this.

  4. #133
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    11318
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,340
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Quote Originally Posted by supersquirrel211 View Post
    thank you for responding, it is helpful that you replied. i wasn't sure if the rom was going to be device specific not only the xoom of course but also with the hardware installed. i should have no problems now. i get my xoom tablet tomorrow and i was just reading and learning before i get the tablet that way i will have no problems or questions when i get it. us android hobbyists love to root and fix up our devices as soon as possible so i plan on doing it before anything else
    You're welcome.

    Our pleasure to assist any members in Xoomforum. As you are new here. Feel free to ask and make yourself at home.

    Cheers

  5. #134
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    22018
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    1 times

    Problem while rooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Astrix View Post

    >>>>> How To Root Using Universal Xoom Root <<<<<
    Millions Thanks To Solarnz

    Original Universal Xoom Root Thread
    >>> HERE <<<




    A. Xoom USB Driver: Download and Install:
    here
    Using original Xoom USB Cable that come with your Xoom is advisable


    B. Set Up Easy ADB On Your PC: Need for this process.


    1. Download the EasyADB(SDK_tools.zip): here
    2. Extract the SDK_tools.zip files
    3. Copy the extracted SDK_tools folder
    4. Navigate to the root of your PC C: drive
    5. Paste SDK_tools folder to the root of your PC C: drive


    Note: Ensure USB Debugging is turn "ON/ENABLE" on your Xoom. Settings> Applications> Development> "Tick/Check" USB Debugging



    C. Using Universal Xoom Root: You need to have
    External MicroSD Card
    Download this Universal Xoom Root v1.0 File and place it on your External MicroSD Card:here
    *Note: DO NOT EXTRACT THIS Root.zip file.

    D. Download this recovery image(recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm.img) and place it in the "SDK_tools folder" at your PC C:drive: here


    E. Once the neccessary file in place: You can start your the process [Installing Recovery and Rooting]



    Open command prompt in Windows Start icon (in search textfield type in cmd and press enter)
    Once command prompt pop up,type:


    cd C:\SDK_tools
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem unlock
    fastboot reboot

    I am really new to this and need help with Step 1 - Rooting. I read through the whole thread and can't seems to find anyone reporting the same problem that I have. I am stuck at the very first part, I followed the steps and got to only here:

    adb reboot bootloader <CTR>
    fastboot oem unlock <CTR>

    I couldn't continue to type "fastboot reboot" at the Command prompt. My Xoom screen showed a whole page of warning on unlocking the device. On the bottom it gave the choices to use Volume Up and Down to continue. At this point, I pressed the Volume Up buttom on the Xoom to unlock and it said ...Failed. I can only press Power + Volume Up to reboot. What did I do wrong?

  6. #135
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    11318
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,340
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Quote Originally Posted by tiget View Post
    I am really new to this and need help with Step 1 - Rooting. I read through the whole thread and can't seems to find anyone reporting the same problem that I have. I am stuck at the very first part, I followed the steps and got to only here:

    adb reboot bootloader <CTR>
    fastboot oem unlock <CTR>

    I couldn't continue to type "fastboot reboot" at the Command prompt. My Xoom screen showed a whole page of warning on unlocking the device. On the bottom it gave the choices to use Volume Up and Down to continue. At this point, I pressed the Volume Up buttom on the Xoom to unlock and it said ...Failed. I can only press Power + Volume Up to reboot. What did I do wrong?
    Welcome to the forum

    Can you enter the home screen now? If yes, Unplug your Xoom from PC.
    - Go to Settings> Applications> Development> "Tick/Check" USB Debugging.
    - Plug In back.
    - Flash it again.

    Open command prompt in Windows Start icon (in search textfield type in cmd and press enter)
    Once command prompt pop up,type:


    cd C:\SDK_tools
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem unlock
    fastboot reboot

  7. #136
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    22018
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrix View Post
    Welcome to the forum

    Can you enter the home screen now? If yes, Unplug your Xoom from PC.
    - Go to Settings> Applications> Development> "Tick/Check" USB Debugging.
    - Plug In back.
    - Flash it again.

    Open command prompt in Windows Start icon (in search textfield type in cmd and press enter)
    Once command prompt pop up,type:


    cd C:\SDK_tools
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem unlock
    fastboot reboot
    Thanks for the quick reply. After fast oem unlock, I used the Vol Down button to "I agree" to unlock, it formatted something and rebooted on its own. It then showed the fresh startup screen, setting time and location, etc.... I did not get to type fastboot reboot on the Command prompt. Am I go to continue with fastboot flash recovery now?

  8. #137
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    11318
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,340
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Quote Originally Posted by tiget View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. After fast oem unlock, I used the Vol Down button to "I agree" to unlock, it formatted something and rebooted on its own. It then showed the fresh startup screen, setting time and location, etc.... I did not get to type fastboot reboot on the Command prompt. Am I go to continue with fastboot flash recovery now?
    Great!

    Unplug your Xoom again, follow this step:

    - Go to Settings> Applications> Development> "Tick/Check" USB Debugging.
    - Plug In back.
    - Flash it again.

    Open command prompt in Windows Start icon (in search textfield type in cmd and press enter)

    Once command prompt pop up,type:

    cd C:\SDK_tools
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm.img

    Once you have verification on your device that this has been flashed:
    - Reboot your device by holding Volume
    Up + Power.
    - Then 3 seconds after you see the "Motorola logo", hit Volume Down.

    You should now see "Android Recovery" at the top left corner.

    - Hit Volume
    Up to boot/enter into recovery.

  9. #138
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    22018
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    1 times
    OKay got to "install zip from sdcard". I feel really stupid. The Vol Up/Down buttons only scroll up and down the selection. Which button should I press next to choose zip from SDCard.

  10. #139
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    22018
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    1 times
    Nevermind, it is in the instruction. Use the Power button to select. Thanks for your help.

  11. #140


 
Page 14 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Help required for rooting and flashing roms
    By kruga in forum Non U.S. Motorola Xoom Help
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 05:13 AM
  2. Will Not Load to Desktop After UnRooting
    By ReallyRick in forum Xoom Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 05:31 PM
  3. Unrooting and backing up b4 4G upgrade?
    By PaseMkr in forum Motorola Xoom General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 06:55 PM
  4. Help unrooting please, need someone's help tonight
    By LastVox in forum Motorola Xoom Development
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 05:55 AM
  5. <--- Rookie
    By doctrey in forum New Member Introduction & Site Assistance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 06:05 PM

Search tags for this page

azpen a727 custom rom
,
azpen a727 unfortunately setup wizard
,
how do i go back to stock rom on motorola xoom
,

how to root motorola xoom

,
how to unroot azpen a727
,
motorola xoom root
,
motorola xoom universal root file
,
motorola xoom verizon 4g root
,
rookie rooting xoom
,

root motorola xoom

,

root xoom

,

root xoom 4.1.2

,
rooting xoom
,
rooting,flashing and unrooting
,

universal xoom root

,
universal xoom root 0mz601 download
,

universal xoom root v4.0

,
where can i get a copy of universal zoom root
,
xoom root
,
xoomforums rookie rooting
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread